As you can see from the Bug report, I was one of the players who wasn't affected by the change, but my belief is that we should have had some notice of it taking place and some guidance on what constitutes "activity" As others have said, before this change, all we knew is players had to log in daily to maintain high effectiveness. Now we've been told this isn't enough, but no guidance on what kind of things players need to do to be "active".
Any attempt to get information on this is being ignored, I'm sure because they feel giving out guidance will allow cheats to adjust their multi-character strategy. It was even insinuated by a committee member I was trying to, or actually, cheating based on my faction membership.
For my own part, I've asked players in my company to spend 20-30 on average per day, using up Energy and Nerve and maybe buying/selling something in the item market etc.
TL:DR - Whilst I feel that notice was deserved and some general guidance should be provided, the change itself is welcome, as is any change that can identify cheats.
this update is stupid, got champion at 1 star dude is only one day offline with in the last month having 50,000 seconds of activity (that's like an average of 30 mins a day) and we all know the dude used to play endless f**king hours a day back when he was more active on the forums not long ago.
you got guys who are gonna come back to the game from being quit and being f**ked out of not being able to get a job - who the f**k is going to play the game and get back into it when they are f**ked out of partaking in part of the game as a welcome back.
i have to hire some dude and pay him and then find out oh this mother f**ker not only cost me money but does nothing for the company and potentially even hurt the company cus he's a 0 star, i gotta wait a whole f**king day and payday and f**k my whole day just to find out he's 0 stars
I started the now locked bug report. I sent a mail to the player in question, the one who they claim is inactive. He wrote back with in 3 hours. He has been with my company since we were at 1*, logging in all but a handful of days for almost 2 years. Yet now he isn't active enough? I get looking for multis, but imo they need a better system that doesn't make a person choose between letting a guy go that has the loyalty to log in everyday or tanking her company.
It was locked so it could move here instead, bugs and issues is not a discussion board. You're welcome to continue providing discussions and feedback, over the next few days it'll be very interesting to see.
Why would a returning player struggle to get a job? If they're returning and playing then they'd be a 5 star employee from day 1 assuming they have the work stats.
Exactly, they will adapt to these new parameters and then bogie will adjust again and everyone is gonna be pissed it keeps changing. I think the multis in question should be punished not the company owners. This activity requirement should just be a multi hunter feature, not a company activity monitor. We shall see how it plays out. Expect changes to this everyone, but not the ones you want lol.
This is gonna be a controversial opinion in this thread and I've only been a director a handful of times so eh... but I think it makes complete sense that the top of the top companies should be full of highly active players similar to how the top of the top factions are full of competitive players. Just because a player is old, doesn't mean they should just get a free ride in one of the best companies with the best pays and specials just because they hit log-on once every few days for a 2 minute session...
I actually think it'll be a good thing to provide true competitiveness to the top end companies.
I’m actually with you on this - perhaps it should be a bit more of a sliding scale of activity though?
ie. robot who logs in and logs straight back out gets 0 stars newb who logs in gambles and leAves gets 1 star etc. Up till you have a genuinely active player getting 5 stars?
work stats obviously play a role but if you want a good job you have to be a good employee, if you want a good employee you got to incentivise getting them!
my 2 cents, I think the step is a good initiative, except for the fact that it was dropped out of nowhere. No information given out and only when a bug report was created regarding this, was this then addressed.
or I might be totally wrong, in which case, kindly ignore.
I don't think this changes anything to those top companies. Its going to mostly be middle of the pack TVs, LMs, and oil rigs that were coasting with what were probably only average employees even before this change.
The changes are what they are, f**king plenty of people over but that's what this game does over and over again anyway. The ridiculous part is that this wasn't put out as an announcement or at least in the patch notes until a bug report was made and then someone suggested to add it there. Something so game changing and we're not even told about it until it f**ks people over wtf
Okay, I'm running a grocery store, so the labor shortage doesn't affect me as much right now. The pool for low work stat players are plentiful :)
Ah yes, where was I going.. I used to run a Logistics company, good money printers sure, a pain in the arse to run? YES. From personal experience there's a few things about Logistics you should know before starting one:
Getting a global contract is pretty damn fickle
One employee not logging in for one day can make you go from a profit to a loss.
All these older players really don't play much anymore, they're just here to login and collect a high wage.
At the heart of this, it cuts to point #2. Since "logging in" is still a factor for employee activity, directors now have to worry about whether their employees "not clicking the gym" or "not doing crimes" (Basically not passing the CAPTCHA). Pretty much weeds out much of the older, high stat players, as they are not active in the new sense of the word.
F it, here's a graph [image: i.ibb.co] Pictured: Since supply of workers is reduced, the wages of said workers is set to increase, or these companies simply fold. IDK why I did this, please take away my free time :(
I just want to make sure - if this is to identify multis or cheat accounts - will those accounts be fedded? Or will torn keep them active and it's up to the Directors to take action?