Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

cayman muggings

Started by Haff [1392360] on in Bugs & Issues.

27 replies · 745 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Haff [1392360]
I watched my landing in the cayman islands and was mugged prior to my screen showing me land. There is either an automugger script or the server lag that does not allow for a fair shot at depositing money.

Just to be clear, someone was able to tell that I landed, attack me and defeat me prior to my account even showing that I landed. There is no way someone is not taking advantage of the game.

This made me realize that the cheating here is rampant and unchecked. After 10 years of play I am closing my subscriber account and wish the rest of you best of luck.

Haff
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I checked the logs, I am passing this up to Joshua for deeper check/clarification.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
CJ asked me about this one just now and I reviewed all actions taken by the mugger, they first opened the attack link for your profile around 3 minutes prior to the mug, and spam refreshed it every 1-7 seconds until you landed - at which point they quickly mugged you.

At this time I don't consider there to be any illegal actions in place here but we'll continue to observe.
Wildfire [2173344]
Still seems like an issue, getting mugged in the caymans can be a huge loss and should be due to an error of the player that gets mugged, not because a mugger has faster internet and can hit you before you have even landed on your screen.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Mugging risks are always involved if you use overseas banking account. Use a company or property vault if you want to take a safer route.
LouBaker [1162207]
its a bit much that you can be mug while we wait for the captcha page and respond to that before are we shown the market page
we shouldn't be viewed in the country before we see it ourselves if your offline when landing this won't be necessary
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
That seems flawed to me, that would prevent anyone from appearing there if they were 2 hours inactive too.
HerpSac [2117255]
have a faction mate give you mug protection before you fly. its only a 30 minute trip, you'll still have it when you land. or ghost trade with a faction mate and have them cancel it after you land and get your money back that way.
AiR [2251655]
I second that, the person who lands need to go through a captcha but the person who has already landed doesn't.

A short delay before availability be attacked to compensate the captcha test time would make it more fair.
realistassasin [1598729]
Good riddance.

We dont need bug threads because you are incompetant. Not everyone is potentially abusing mugging mechanics from a while ago, and some shady stuff in the modern day *coughs* Pops

P.S a 5 second mugging is WAY too long to compensate a Captcha even if it was implemented. Second of all, muggings cant even access when you land- we need to refresh for mins + seconds consta every 1-2 secs.... what makes people entitled to a 5 second headstart to read a number and click the right one lol?


#Nerftradingforonce
Vladar [1996140]
5 seconds was not a firm number, I just mean - figure out the minimum length of time it takes to load and do a captcha and maybe delay your appearance on the list by that much. Maybe it’s 2 seconds.


For the record I don’t actually care or think it’s a real problem, you can always get protection prior to flying if you want.