I made a brief fly over of some of these forums. It seems to me that a lot of you folks spend a great deal of time and effort on this game. I don't mean to be priggish but, is the real world that bad? Would not your efforts be better spent elsewhere? Again, I don't mean to offend anyone.
Casual observation
Started by Gamalion [1934502] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- CornHub [2423014]
· 56 likes ·
[image: cdn.discordapp.com] - selfabuse [1566046]
· 16 likes ·
Most of the time I spend here on Torn is when I'm sitting at my desk at work. Would I rather play Torn than do work? Yes, of course! - Qfiffle [2557282] Committee
· 4 likes ·
I mean, have you SEEN what the real world is like in 2020?
Ask this on any other game, like, the players don't care if they are wasting time, sometimes, like the post above says, if you enjoy the time "wasted" it's not really wasted.
When you die, you take nothing with you. Who cares what kind of nothing you accumulate in your "real world". It's all just a dream.
Gamers are gamers. If they don't spend time here, they will spend time in other games.
Funny how people bitching so much how we run our life but go hush hush on people who spend so much time playing music instrument, church or dancing.
Yeah I have life. I have a best friend who is hopelessly in love with me, my sisters, my brother, an employee who thinks i'm his sister, my coffee students, my customers, and some ladies near house whom I don't even remember the names but always send me food almost every week.
Funny how people bitching so much how we run our life but go hush hush on people who spend so much time playing music instrument, church or dancing.
Yeah I have life. I have a best friend who is hopelessly in love with me, my sisters, my brother, an employee who thinks i'm his sister, my coffee students, my customers, and some ladies near house whom I don't even remember the names but always send me food almost every week.
Most of the time I spend here on Torn is when I'm sitting at my desk at work. Would I rather play Torn than do work? Yes, of course!
Using the word priggish makes you sound priggish.
They haven't blocked torn on my school computers
I sit at the back in my classroom
Go figure
I sit at the back in my classroom
Go figure
Shut up and get back to the real world, there is surely somewhere there you can be philosophical.
This^
/thread
/thread
It's not even like you can get sucked into this game for hours at a time because of the energy limitations.
It's actually a good game to play if you want a balance of playing the game and living your life.
It's nothing like WoW or whatever where people literally die from playing it too long at a time.
Weird question to ask about this game in particular ma dude.
Edit: I'm starting to think you're trolling, ma dude. I mean you've played this game for 1000+ days and are level 42 and your curious why people play this game? I think you probably figured it out by now lol
It's actually a good game to play if you want a balance of playing the game and living your life.
It's nothing like WoW or whatever where people literally die from playing it too long at a time.
Weird question to ask about this game in particular ma dude.
Edit: I'm starting to think you're trolling, ma dude. I mean you've played this game for 1000+ days and are level 42 and your curious why people play this game? I think you probably figured it out by now lol
Half the time I spend in the forums is while I'm at work. Nothing beats getting paid while I'm claiming bounties.
I never really understood this mentality against gamers. Half the time it’s coming from someone hypocritical that spends their evenings in front of the TV watching bullshit reality TV.
What makes gaming so lazy and looked down upon when; as others of pointed out, you wouldn’t get looked down upon for spending a lot of your time practicing an instrument or a sport. Hell even going out drinking every other night of the week...
What makes gaming so lazy and looked down upon when; as others of pointed out, you wouldn’t get looked down upon for spending a lot of your time practicing an instrument or a sport. Hell even going out drinking every other night of the week...
I joined a team on an online game and have made semen/cum related jokes for over a week.
If that's not living, I don't know what is.
If that's not living, I don't know what is.
Throughout the entire history of humanity, the primary goal of man is to learn how to control, manipulate, and otherwise enslave his fellow man. Games like this one are a social experiment, in which this endeavor is continued. All the updates that players thought were bunk? The times Ched did something like make Donator packs an untradeable item, made scamming legal, or otherwise introduced counter-intuitive bullshit was not only deliberate, the outcomes were predicted, and the results carefully recorded, and contrasted with those predictions.
Its that way everywhere Online. This coincides with the Human Genome Project, and the quest to understand ourselves to the Nth degree. Regrettably, this is probably going to be used for the same purpose mentioned in the first sentence.
Believe it, or not.
Its that way everywhere Online. This coincides with the Human Genome Project, and the quest to understand ourselves to the Nth degree. Regrettably, this is probably going to be used for the same purpose mentioned in the first sentence.
Believe it, or not.
Letting aside the fact that playing and having fun is part of the real world, and the "digital" world is a huge part of it, there are studies in the current literature about how videogames (generic term) are actually an important tool to develop social skills among specific population. For some people, it is actually something that helps them having a better "real life" as you would define.
There are numerous benefits in spending some time doing what you like, whether is online or not. I suggest you judge a bit less.
There are numerous benefits in spending some time doing what you like, whether is online or not. I suggest you judge a bit less.
I spend, like, 6 or so hours a day on Torn.
I don't regret it. Well, maybe a little since I'm supposed to be studying medicine. But yeah, I have nothing left to say.
I don't regret it. Well, maybe a little since I'm supposed to be studying medicine. But yeah, I have nothing left to say.
I do this for myself
Let me do me man. Damn.
Torn is a happy involved distraction. It’s not a waste if I decide to spend my time on a good game. It’s fun and I like talking with my friends here. :)