Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Employee Effectiveness Points System

Started by TED [496062] on in Questions & Answers.

21 replies · 627 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TED [496062]
So with the new system we are able to see now I guess the major factors of what impacts companies: Settling in bonus, addiction, director education, etc. The bone I am picking here is with respects to "Addiction".

In this virtual world of crime, drugs, etc. and with Majority of players being druggies you aren't giving them a true ability to lower "addiction" for example, I have several employees who I asked to Rehab (they had 0 indication of being drugged through the Icon some not even 1%) and still, their points did not lower. - Waiting for new day to confirm this theory.

I would like Chedburn, Bogie, or a Developer to provide insight I understand the game has to evolve and changes have to happen but you should be factoring the costs associated with TV's, Oil Rigs, etc. and with the constant changes its becoming quite challenging to navigate the grey areas. If anyone has some insight or feedback on this system please discuss here perhaps us directors can help each other too a thriving company that used to make $120m+ a day is now making <$100m and I know others who have 20 members fully upgraded and yet I make more than them at 18 member too they are struggling worse since all these changes being dumped in over the past few weeks without further discussions and explanations - although there have been many pros such as seeing the settling in bonus is less than 2 weeks to get +10 which appears to be the max you can get in settling in..

I will post back here at new day but in all honesty, I have little hope that addiction meter is going to go down despite the massive rehabs and activity of my employees this is basically saying to directors fire your loyal employees and replace them with non-druggys in an already overinflated and priced market to search for employees with again only a small % being truly drug-free. There should be a nerf on addiction's hurting companies to balance it out, or give the players a system to get clean and lower that I have one guy extremely active and rehabbing often and they are currently -35 how is this fair?

I get that advertising budget, pricing, etc. is a factor my question is basically with regards to addiction is it going to go down over time? why are players with 0% addiction in Torn being penalized so much in losing points due to addiction when they get clean from drugs? when the cron runs at new day is it likely to go down some, or how does this addiction work can some knowledge/insight be provided as to how much % addiction can potentially be cleared daily or how to navigate this grey area? Thanks!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Nothing has changed in the mechanics for addiction within companies, you just now have a way to see it - see my post here with some insight on the subject: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16185976&b=0&a=0&start=20&to=20782983

There isn't anything to change in regards to factoring costs in with TV networks etc as this is already factored in, nothing has changed.



Addiction does decay over time, approximately half a xanax worth of addiction per day - See Ched's announcement here for insight on that: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=15924203&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=16107084


The details you see should all update at new day - so if someone has rehabbed to 100% then their new addiction values will display at that point.

Mentions: Addiction, Plushies & Attacking · Employee Addiction

GreekPoser [2527893]
I'm following this company update thread for the new data factor on them. There is a Q&A thread here about the colors in the company main screen means, if you wanna contribute.

It seems that -14 addiction being the threshold when the brain icon appears. It could be nice to confirm that.

The settled bonus seems to add up one point per new work day and cap at 10 after the employee contributed ten times in the company income. I could confirm that after the ten days in the grocery store I just got employed.

Bogie clarified that the old effectiveness system was deprecated since 2012, so now having some info in numbers is a great step up for employers to work toward better profit.

Recent work around companies (honors, API, etc) seems to be going since the #153 patch

Patch #153
- [HONOR] Added 'Going Postal' for defeating a company co-worker

Patch #154
- Fixed validation of company stock amount fields when inputting 0 (empty)
- [API] Removed unavailable company specials from showing on 'torn' -> 'companies'

Patch #156
- [API] Added company type (ID) to job information in 'user' -> 'profile'

Patch #157
- Added company position names to profiles and icons

Patch #158
This week we've rebuilt the system that calculates employee effectiveness in preparation for a community suggestion. In some situations, this will result in some slight variation - and managers will no longer prop-up those with 0 effectiveness. There is a chance that company income reports and job pay may be delayed today.
- Rebuilt company employee effectiveness multipliers to allow for future multiplier breakdown view
- Changed company manager bonus so it has a bigger effect but cannot not mitigate inactivity
- Fixed ordering issue on company listings which caused the same companies to appear on different pages

Patch #159
I've also finally replaced the oddly specific honor bars 'Keen' and 'Im a real doctor', something I've been wanting to do for a very long time as they've never felt right. They have now become 'Intern' and 'Stuck in a Rut', rewarded for achieving 100 and 1,000 job points used. This new personal stat goes back as far as March 2015 for company specials used, and July 2019 for job specials - these may not appear as updated until a little later today.
- Fixed issue with company environment calculation on Tuesday night
- Fixed 550 errors on company specials that also involve sending a mail
- [WAI] Added support for Manage Company -> Employees tab

As you can see the only change for the companies system is the manager bonus, which supposedly has now bigger effects for active players only in patch #158. Any other change is around the API, honors, errors and cosmetics.

Sorry for the long post

Mentions: Company effectiveness colours · Employee Addiction · Let directors see staff effectiviness modifiers · Patch list #153 : 04/08/2020 · Patch list #154 : 11/08/2020 · Patch list #156 : 25/08/2020 · Patch list #157 : 01/09/2020 · Patch list #158 : 08/09/2020 · Patch list #159 : 15/09/2020

Turd_knocker [2314442]
I've currently got 4 employees on the same addiction levels as yesterday (even though they swear they've not got any) but doesn't the addiction usually drop 1% at 00:00tct when not rehabbing? it's effected my daily sales and no doubt my company too in a whole!
mrZ [307626]
I read somewhere (can't remember) that someone had tested if 1 drug from being clean affected sales and the they thought yes, so this might be more a case of noticing because you can see it now
GreekPoser [2527893]
Employee stats info updates in the new work day, around 18hs TCT.

Addiction points decreases with natural decay everyday around 3am TCT. Is it said the amount is around half a xanax addiction points
Butters [34298]
Not quite - 20 addiction points come off at 4:00am TCT every day.

Perhaps some players might be confusing the excessive addiction penalty icons with actual addiction?
Vhaeraz [2454199]
Rehabbed the other day, addiction score for employee effectiveness didn't change. It did so later on, though haven't checked if that was at 20.00 tct or 24.00 tct.
Still, it meant at least that the daily profit calculation was done, influenced by an addiction which actually already cleared.. I can understand that the old system worked the same, it just wasn't properly shown in details. But as we can see those details now, it sorta bugs me that it's not completely accurate at all times, apparently at least.
TED [496062]
Yes changes happen at new day, so changes you make wont show updated stats/effectiveness until their new position. Also, we can now safely say changing employees positions as long as they have already reached +10 settling bonus (+1 every day up to a maximum of 10) it wont reset this bonus either.
GreekPoser [2527893]
That's good to know. After you had the -17 addiction in the company, did you took another drug before rehabbing? If so, did a brain icon appeared? I'm trying to gather data using the now open system in the company. Knowing when does addiction affect stats can make director less neurotic thinking their employees are slaking off their addiction and letting it go to far
Fatbears [2197270]
I've got one of my faction mates claiming they've got a -22 at 1% addiction.
We've calculated that -28 gives -4%

of course there's a high/low for these values. My best guess -22 is almost 2% where as -28 is almost 3%
Rogue [1873490]
This contradicts my experience.

Today I have a -1% brain icon and -18 addiction in job efficiency.

Could the faction toleration special affect battle stat negatives but not job addiction negatives?
GreekPoser [2527893]
I have been checking with more people. Toleration reduces the addiction a drug gives you and therefore the addiction penalty in a company.

We can't use people experience about how much addiction penalty they had before taking a drug and the brain appearing given that not everyone has the same toleration perks. For now it seems to be around 16/18 before the brain appears. Some more testimonies could zero in the number

Additional information I found. Working at a grocery store as a Cashier (requirements 3k Manual, 6k Endurance) with Manual Labor: 2,358, Endurance: 9,124. My working stats (without penalties or debuff) is 81. That means that reaching the position required stats is probably a must to have 100 points in work stats only. It also debunks the old efficiency calculation on tornstats as useful. In my case it says I have 110.38% efficiency when I can't even reach 100 work stats.

I'm still doing test and need more data to calculate how much extra stats a worker need to have work stats over 100. With the few info I have for now it seems to be multiplicative over the required stats. Ex: x2 primary stat and x2 secondary = 104 points.
I still lack information per positions and different companies to make any assertion on it tho, just a weak hypothesis
Fatbears [2197270]
Does it really, or does it just prove what I was saying, there are points inbetween. Drugs give a static amount of addition points. There is nothing to say you cant be at 1% addiction at not only -18 but also -22. -18 being the low end -22 being the high end.

Come back when you're 4% and we'll see what it works out to. I'll be tracking the same thing when I start to show Addition rating as I'm now an employee instead of a director.

I somehow very much doubt that the Side effects X would effect the work stat addiction as they're not the same thing.
Rogue [1873490]
I have been -3% icon, -21 addiction adjustment on two separate days and -1% icon, -18 addiction on two days. Can't remember the icon on the day I was -20.

Will track over the next week and edit this post.

(Sep 21) -1% icon, -18 addiction
(Sep 22) -3% icon, -20 addiction
(Edit - Changed position within company... went to rehab to keep numbers higher at new position so don't have more info to post)

I think -20 employee addiction is the least negative I will get for -3%, I had a cannabis take me from -2% to -3% icon just before the Sep 22 update (was not under influence for update).
Leokes [2166068]
I started tracking this recently also.

One of my guys was at -16 with 1%, jumped to -20 at 1%, then to -20 at 3%, then -20 (no change) at 1%.
Another guy is at -10 with 4.4% addiction.

The low-high window for each range makes some sense of the first guy's shift, but the second is a crazy difference in ratios. I can only assume there are toleration perks at play in the calculation in a pretty crazy way here.
GreekPoser [2527893]
Try to keep track only on how much addiction people have at the new work day without taking any drug after it. I had people telling me about having 2% addiction at -13 or so. After inquiring futher, they checked the number after taking drugs, add a low toleration perk and it make sense what they tell me.
Sadly that kind of info is contaminated and I can't use it as I don't have a reliable way to calculate how much addiction a drug can give them for their toleration