Hello,
As ST6 falls, I feel it’s my job to post a tribute to our team’s journey. There are some team remarks, and my thoughts on how the rest of the completion plays out.
My Team:
It was truly an honour to be voted in with the other leadership. We had an average start, lost some allies but always held in there. We stuck in with our main and major alliance for as long as it was in our best interest as a team. My personal highlight will always be jumping against Bankers and actually winning a surprising amount of times. We faced the best team who thought they were going to run through us easily. We got to be the ones to remove them, and that will always stand out to me. Upon their defeat, we had a very targeted and slanderous article about me and the team. I do have a complicated and bad history with many aspects of this game. I apologize if any of that affected our chances to win.
Here was the pre-game strategy:
First, it was my idea to submit the NS leadership rumour campaign to the newspaper. That image linked was created by me. The fact that ST6 had no NS leadership ensured that other teams could become suspicious of each other.
ST6’s first target was Sea Men, Stretch has bonds that run deep in many pools. He’s a respected player, NS leader, and a part of the staff pool. He’s got friends in high and low places. That’s dangerous. I wanted him gone for 12th, as I saw him getting 1st place. All of this, is actually what attracted ST6 to HeightWeights early on. Otherwise, we had no formal alliance other than chats 1 on 1 with teams. Sorted out some NAPs, stayed friendly, and waited for our “in”. We didn’t have to wait long…
The game starts and continues:
About 4 lives left of Heavyweights going out, I was presented an alliance deal. Final 8: Peasants/Pandemic/Toothpaste/Vikings/Seal Team 6/Murder Hornets/Karma Farmers/Terror Bytes.
The goal was to take out Total Bankers, Sea Men, and VS.
This was music to my ears, my main target in the cross hairs, and 2 NS lead teams would be down.
We quickly 0 tickets all 3 teams.
First problem: the_boss from Peasants instantly ran to MeanMike of Bankers. He told him everything that was going to happen. He would have continued to feed him information.
We took out Peasants, while Pandemic bled lives. -I expressed this was a mistake, but was not listened too. We should have instead hit both Peasants and Bankers, but main target Bankers to get them out. What would happen if we missed taking a life from them? No problem, Peasants would get hit.
Then after 11th place boomed, our sights were set on taking out the Bankers’ lives. It started to become apparent that they were much tougher than we were, even with 7v3 teams. -I expressed many times that we should target Sea Men first, the weakest of the 3. I was again ignored. It would have made much more sense to do them first, and even hit VS next. Bankers could have been saved for last.
They had the better strategy, they went from weakest teams, going upwards. We tried to start with their strongest, going downwards. MANY times I tried to get them to switch it up. We lost so many from our alliance unnecessarily because of this stupid obsession. I came to later find out that those are the bonds I was worried about with Stretch. It’s what was keeping many teams from going after him. I also believe my loud and vocal opinion about wanting Sea Men first, and wanting to bleed their weakest upwards, is what caused quotes in the newspaper saying I was “difficult to work with”.
WE SHOULD HAVE HIT AND KILLED SEA MEN FIRST.
By eliminating them first, we would have reduced the people hitting us by 33% and removed that massive amount of energy coming at us.
From there, you can see that the Bankers destroyed our alliance. Swaying Toothpaste near the end of their life, and causing us to “target the traitor” instead of staying on task and just letting either of them lose a life. (SAME SITUATION AS PEASANTS. DID WE NOT LEARN?) The feeling of being treated like disposable trash from the other leaders was growing. Even though I know I was right, your leaders would still tell your differently. No one could admit their mistake(s).
We finally got Bankers out, and the celebration was finally able to take place. We were ready to 4v2 the remaining teams. I wasn’t going to allow them to make the same mistake again. I gave them an ultimatum. I told them that Sea Men was the next target, or ST6 was outta here. My strong arm on it was obviously met with backlash. I was firm on my plans, and we proceeded with them. Again, this type of intimidation is what was spoken briefly about in the paper.
The problem was that MH did the math and noticed they were the next sacrificial lamb for the alliance. Even if we got SM out before they died, they also had to run down over 90 lives of VS. With the odds very much stacked against them, they looked for their out.
MH flipped, and you can see that ST6 started to lose lives. We lost 2 lives while we internally talked and tried to see if we could keep this alliance together. Hornets would not budge.
Now look at our potential future. It's 3v3 with ST6 being hit. We were now in a worse situation than MH was facing. Not only would we be facing SM and VS, but now it's also MH too. We would go out next for sure.
I want this to be made CLEAR.
I DID NOT WANT TO FLIP.
ST6 was actually looking pretty set up for going further. The nail in our coffin was MH flipping and us scrambling to come join them.
This is all I had to send Stretch:
MightyGoober at 4:54 PM: We want to flip where do we sign
We got things in motion pretty quickly afterwards.
We were accepted into the new 4. Without the flip, we were going out 6th place GUARANTEED. With this new dynamic we might have gotten 5th or better. I stand by my thoughts and final decision that we executed as a team. Without the flip, I am confident I would have been running my team into a suicide mission.
Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I thought they were going to be more mad at Murder Hornets. There was a slight chance that they would target MH while they were fighting on the bottom.
Tributes:
12th @Heavy Weights: You guys were beasts. I really wish we could have gotten another couple teams on board and rolled this game with you. Could have been a totally different Elimination if we had another on our side, and 1 less on theirs.
11th @Peasants: You may have always went out early as the weakest team, but it wouldn’t have been 11th. Going after those big 3 as a unit was the correct play and you know it.
10th @Pandemic: You guys have a heart of gold. Went down with the alliance ship honourably. I hope you don’t hold my later game decisions against me.
9th @Toothpaste: Was really fun to meet you all. Honestly, I get why you also flipped. Being the punching bag for the top who doesn’t care about you isn’t fun at all. You wanted a better spot and I respect that.
8th @Vikings: Your split leadership on whether or not to flip shows that you guys were thinking long term. Putting it up to the members was a smart call too. Again, I hope we all can be friends after this.
7th @Total Bankers: You tough pieces of shit, dam it took over 400 lives of other teams before we got you out. MeanMike and your leaders couldn’t have done anything differently. You played the best game you could have possibly played with how it all went.
6th @Seal Team 6: My fellow leadership and members. Thank you for allowing me to steer our teams direction. I’m saddened to report that we got 6th, I did my best with the choices and options presented in front of me. I was going hard for 1st, I wasn’t going to sit back and make a deal for any other placement.
Future Thoughts:
@Terror Bytes and Karma Farmers:
I didn’t have any other option. I’m sorry that we had to betray you, there was a chance that a big shake up was going to benefit us better than the 6th we were already going to get. I know you’re all pissed at me, but my decisions were reactionary, not planned. I swear on everything on my Torn account, I would not have flipped otherwise.
@Murder Hornets:
Dam you guys for not taking 6th so we could have went further. Haha, I get the move because we had to make the exact same one 30 minutes later. It was a fun ride.
@Victorious Secret:
Enjoy 2nd or 3rd :) You guys played well. Literally letting everyone else fire and eliminate each other.
@Sea Men:
My mortal enemies and pre-game pick to win. I still expect you to win this entire thing, and between all your game moves and effort this year, you would deserve it.
Elimination 2020 as a top leader was more stressful than I ever anticipated. This was a wild ride, and actually a really fun bonding experience with my RL girlfriend. Before the event started, we had hoped to get on the same team. We would get home from work, either with stacked energy or having hit targets earlier at lunch. We would quickly make some dinner and pull out our laptops. Laughing and cursing throughout the competition.
What do I do next year? I don’t know, I’m currently thinking I’ll probably still apply for leadership and aid a new main leader in their quest for 1st place. I still have yet to get my first place merit, guess that’s going to be attempted in 2021.
Stay classy everyone, it’s a game event inside the bigger game. Don’t take it too seriously, the emotions you feel mean you’re invested and having fun.
Until next time,
Goober
As ST6 falls, I feel it’s my job to post a tribute to our team’s journey. There are some team remarks, and my thoughts on how the rest of the completion plays out.
My Team:
It was truly an honour to be voted in with the other leadership. We had an average start, lost some allies but always held in there. We stuck in with our main and major alliance for as long as it was in our best interest as a team. My personal highlight will always be jumping against Bankers and actually winning a surprising amount of times. We faced the best team who thought they were going to run through us easily. We got to be the ones to remove them, and that will always stand out to me. Upon their defeat, we had a very targeted and slanderous article about me and the team. I do have a complicated and bad history with many aspects of this game. I apologize if any of that affected our chances to win.
Here was the pre-game strategy:
First, it was my idea to submit the NS leadership rumour campaign to the newspaper. That image linked was created by me. The fact that ST6 had no NS leadership ensured that other teams could become suspicious of each other.
ST6’s first target was Sea Men, Stretch has bonds that run deep in many pools. He’s a respected player, NS leader, and a part of the staff pool. He’s got friends in high and low places. That’s dangerous. I wanted him gone for 12th, as I saw him getting 1st place. All of this, is actually what attracted ST6 to HeightWeights early on. Otherwise, we had no formal alliance other than chats 1 on 1 with teams. Sorted out some NAPs, stayed friendly, and waited for our “in”. We didn’t have to wait long…
The game starts and continues:
About 4 lives left of Heavyweights going out, I was presented an alliance deal. Final 8: Peasants/Pandemic/Toothpaste/Vikings/Seal Team 6/Murder Hornets/Karma Farmers/Terror Bytes.
The goal was to take out Total Bankers, Sea Men, and VS.
This was music to my ears, my main target in the cross hairs, and 2 NS lead teams would be down.
We quickly 0 tickets all 3 teams.
First problem: the_boss from Peasants instantly ran to MeanMike of Bankers. He told him everything that was going to happen. He would have continued to feed him information.
We took out Peasants, while Pandemic bled lives. -I expressed this was a mistake, but was not listened too. We should have instead hit both Peasants and Bankers, but main target Bankers to get them out. What would happen if we missed taking a life from them? No problem, Peasants would get hit.
Then after 11th place boomed, our sights were set on taking out the Bankers’ lives. It started to become apparent that they were much tougher than we were, even with 7v3 teams. -I expressed many times that we should target Sea Men first, the weakest of the 3. I was again ignored. It would have made much more sense to do them first, and even hit VS next. Bankers could have been saved for last.
They had the better strategy, they went from weakest teams, going upwards. We tried to start with their strongest, going downwards. MANY times I tried to get them to switch it up. We lost so many from our alliance unnecessarily because of this stupid obsession. I came to later find out that those are the bonds I was worried about with Stretch. It’s what was keeping many teams from going after him. I also believe my loud and vocal opinion about wanting Sea Men first, and wanting to bleed their weakest upwards, is what caused quotes in the newspaper saying I was “difficult to work with”.
WE SHOULD HAVE HIT AND KILLED SEA MEN FIRST.
By eliminating them first, we would have reduced the people hitting us by 33% and removed that massive amount of energy coming at us.
From there, you can see that the Bankers destroyed our alliance. Swaying Toothpaste near the end of their life, and causing us to “target the traitor” instead of staying on task and just letting either of them lose a life. (SAME SITUATION AS PEASANTS. DID WE NOT LEARN?) The feeling of being treated like disposable trash from the other leaders was growing. Even though I know I was right, your leaders would still tell your differently. No one could admit their mistake(s).
We finally got Bankers out, and the celebration was finally able to take place. We were ready to 4v2 the remaining teams. I wasn’t going to allow them to make the same mistake again. I gave them an ultimatum. I told them that Sea Men was the next target, or ST6 was outta here. My strong arm on it was obviously met with backlash. I was firm on my plans, and we proceeded with them. Again, this type of intimidation is what was spoken briefly about in the paper.
The problem was that MH did the math and noticed they were the next sacrificial lamb for the alliance. Even if we got SM out before they died, they also had to run down over 90 lives of VS. With the odds very much stacked against them, they looked for their out.
MH flipped, and you can see that ST6 started to lose lives. We lost 2 lives while we internally talked and tried to see if we could keep this alliance together. Hornets would not budge.
Now look at our potential future. It's 3v3 with ST6 being hit. We were now in a worse situation than MH was facing. Not only would we be facing SM and VS, but now it's also MH too. We would go out next for sure.
I want this to be made CLEAR.
I DID NOT WANT TO FLIP.
ST6 was actually looking pretty set up for going further. The nail in our coffin was MH flipping and us scrambling to come join them.
This is all I had to send Stretch:
MightyGoober at 4:54 PM: We want to flip where do we sign
We got things in motion pretty quickly afterwards.
We were accepted into the new 4. Without the flip, we were going out 6th place GUARANTEED. With this new dynamic we might have gotten 5th or better. I stand by my thoughts and final decision that we executed as a team. Without the flip, I am confident I would have been running my team into a suicide mission.
Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I thought they were going to be more mad at Murder Hornets. There was a slight chance that they would target MH while they were fighting on the bottom.
Tributes:
12th @Heavy Weights: You guys were beasts. I really wish we could have gotten another couple teams on board and rolled this game with you. Could have been a totally different Elimination if we had another on our side, and 1 less on theirs.
11th @Peasants: You may have always went out early as the weakest team, but it wouldn’t have been 11th. Going after those big 3 as a unit was the correct play and you know it.
10th @Pandemic: You guys have a heart of gold. Went down with the alliance ship honourably. I hope you don’t hold my later game decisions against me.
9th @Toothpaste: Was really fun to meet you all. Honestly, I get why you also flipped. Being the punching bag for the top who doesn’t care about you isn’t fun at all. You wanted a better spot and I respect that.
8th @Vikings: Your split leadership on whether or not to flip shows that you guys were thinking long term. Putting it up to the members was a smart call too. Again, I hope we all can be friends after this.
7th @Total Bankers: You tough pieces of shit, dam it took over 400 lives of other teams before we got you out. MeanMike and your leaders couldn’t have done anything differently. You played the best game you could have possibly played with how it all went.
6th @Seal Team 6: My fellow leadership and members. Thank you for allowing me to steer our teams direction. I’m saddened to report that we got 6th, I did my best with the choices and options presented in front of me. I was going hard for 1st, I wasn’t going to sit back and make a deal for any other placement.
Future Thoughts:
@Terror Bytes and Karma Farmers:
I didn’t have any other option. I’m sorry that we had to betray you, there was a chance that a big shake up was going to benefit us better than the 6th we were already going to get. I know you’re all pissed at me, but my decisions were reactionary, not planned. I swear on everything on my Torn account, I would not have flipped otherwise.
@Murder Hornets:
Dam you guys for not taking 6th so we could have went further. Haha, I get the move because we had to make the exact same one 30 minutes later. It was a fun ride.
@Victorious Secret:
Enjoy 2nd or 3rd :) You guys played well. Literally letting everyone else fire and eliminate each other.
@Sea Men:
My mortal enemies and pre-game pick to win. I still expect you to win this entire thing, and between all your game moves and effort this year, you would deserve it.
Elimination 2020 as a top leader was more stressful than I ever anticipated. This was a wild ride, and actually a really fun bonding experience with my RL girlfriend. Before the event started, we had hoped to get on the same team. We would get home from work, either with stacked energy or having hit targets earlier at lunch. We would quickly make some dinner and pull out our laptops. Laughing and cursing throughout the competition.
What do I do next year? I don’t know, I’m currently thinking I’ll probably still apply for leadership and aid a new main leader in their quest for 1st place. I still have yet to get my first place merit, guess that’s going to be attempted in 2021.
Stay classy everyone, it’s a game event inside the bigger game. Don’t take it too seriously, the emotions you feel mean you’re invested and having fun.
Until next time,
Goober