18 replies · 163 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Most-liked replies
Cha_Ching[2266905]
· 2 likes · youre not sure but you close it. what kind of shit is that? its obvious i have winnings owed to me. this is torn not belfair. just because their system is f**ked up doesnt mean ours should be. you should …
youre not sure but you close it. what kind of shit is that? its obvious i have winnings owed to me. this is torn not belfair. just because their system is f**ked up doesnt mean ours should be. you should do the right thing and pay people instead of sweeping it under the carpet. you have a responsibility to do whats right.
I have never associated with Betfair....The only online bets I have ever made was through Torn with virtual cash. Although this so-called Betfair may be responsible for the unnecessary negation of my speculation. I do not see as I have any retaliation possible with said Betfair. Seeing as we are dealing with Virtual currency....I do not feel that I would have standing on any court of law to recuperate my losses.
I, therefore, feel that since Betfair acted on Torns behalf in this virtual scenario, the responsibility for at least the recovery of the funds wagered should fall on Torn city regardless of the outcome of the events (since the wager was canceled during the event). In regards to it being a fantasy and virtual currency, I see no loss to Torn city to make us the victims whole again!
i have an idea what might be going on with belfair but not 100% positive. but take my game for instance. in our bookie new york was the underdog. in another betting site that i use new york was favored with a 66% chance of winning and the other team with a 34% chance. it wouldnt stand to reason that the betting sites would differ that much. so its possible belfare is putting in the wrong odds and later someone or something in their system is double checking and doing cancellations of incorrect odds.
I'm also facing refund issues and whatnot with the betting. Seems unfortunate, and the system being used is.. not meshing with TORN well? Hard to say but.. very unfortunate