Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Offering poker lessons!

Started by MaxDamage [2216723] on in Poker.

51 replies · 1.62k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MaxDamage [2216723]
Hello dear Torn citizens!

I'm a big fan of poker and since recently I started giving away a few poker lessons to a few players in here.
I have over 20.000 hours experience in online poker and I would like to share my knowledge and tips to those who could use it.
If you are a relatively new player to online poker, I would like to offer you some lessons that could help improve your game.
I charge 15M for 3 days of online training (+- 2 hours/day), which is really cheap considering how much more money it will make you in the long run. I will teach you what you need to know through an online zoom meeting or via Torn chat where I'll watch you play and see what improvements you could make. So far everyone who has took lessons from me, has been very content with them. If you would like to enroll in some of my classes, or would like to know more, send me a private message or mail and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Recommended requirements before taking my classes are:
- having at least a few hours of online poker experience
- knowing all the poker hand rankings by heart
- a strong willingness to learn and improve

I'll see you at the tables!

MaxDamage
Madman147 [2401628]
So I have been playing poker alot on torn but I realized my win loss ratio is the same. So I'm not making anything from it.

I contacted max, I bit on my teeth and paid the 15m. He took me through a few strategy plays etc. And walking away from my first lesson I sat down at pound it with 12.5m and walked out with 40+. Then I went to periodic with 10m andwalked out with 34m.

I'm not saying this is guaranteed winning.. but what I can tell you is that it sure as hell increases your odds.

10/10
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Perhaps show a screenshot of your own poker stats? Sure, it probably doesn’t prove whether you’re qualified to teach or not, but it’s something. You can’t claim to help others make cash if you don’t earn cash from it yourself.
MaxDamage [2216723]
That's right. I've been playing poker since I was 17 years old. I'm 36 now. I've played online pretty much daily, visited the casino's weekly, and entered into some of the big tournaments every once in a while to play some side events like the EPT and WSOP series.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Had a lengthy chat with him asking to show his stats, and why he wouldn’t show them. Basically kept refusing and then offered a free day of lessons instead lmao

I think this is just a waste of time, personally.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I mean, it's 100% a waste of time, if he were good enough to give coaching you would recognise his name from the networth HOF. I just wanted to see if he'd reply with an excuse
YourDad [1317930]
Ill go first this was done in the last 9 months since returning from my 10 year break from torn
DROP THEM STATS OP
    • Poker score
    • 43,042,555
    • Maximum gain
    • $1,488,036,870
    • Maximum loss
    • $1,974,543,220
    • Total money gain
    • $132,616,378,208
    • Total money loss
    • $131,864,716,384
    • Total bet
    • 1,150
    • Total raise
    • 949
    • Total call
    • 2,707
    • Total fold
    • 2,183
Gllyph [2223624]
MaxDamage is a great tutor at poker, I sat for a session at Periodic with a five mill buy in with him as a guide and walked away with 36 million. He taught me alot about the basics of poker. He offered me a 2 hour free trial of his teachings and he proved himself, I will definitely pay him 15 million to get more lessons.
Jynnx [2165445] Moderator Official
he isn't a scammer, just a nice guy trying to help others.... he is knowledgeable and friendly, and if you want to up your game then give him a try
Halyangx [1867864]
he does know "How To Play Poker" but no offense, there are just a lot more better poker players in torn than him, thus why this post is receiving the negative comments/downvotes. And yeah, winning 36m on your first time is good, but you sure you are going to win it the next time? ask him if he constantly wins at periodic too. Paying 15m to someone like him... is it worth it?