Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graveyard please

Started by Miles [67131] on in Graveyard.

123 replies · 1.83k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 124 / 124 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
124
Discussion span
→
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Miles [67131] ×1

RonBurgundy [71545]
I have several body doubles including Ron-Burgundy and I honestly have no issue with it. I would gladly take $200m off any of them for the opportunity to be paid $200m to share our dumb conversation in the forums.

$200m is a relatively cheap lesson in Torn. Even at such value you don't seem to have gained much from it ...
JoeSkull [533524]
Flat out, he didn't scam you. You tried extorting him to get your way because you were having a hissy fit about your names looking too similar.

You made a deal, he weaseled through the deal in a way you didn't like, that's all that there is to that. It's not like you both have the exact same name. In fact, HIS NAME IS ONE LETTER OFF...
Triplicant [2037705]
So you're the butthurt guy who tried to bully someone who has a bigger understanding of the importance of wording!

I have a question.

Why not try to make something of your name, instead of foolishly go down the path you're heading?

No one cares about a zero.
Mary [2161411]
Your name is 2 letters away from his, he will now pay you 150m to change it to something Different because he wants to be unique, probably because as a child his mommy told him he was special.


OP: No offense, but grow up. Everyone probably has 100+ people with similar names. The fact that you were willing to blow 200m on something as simple as a name appalls me. If you care that much about being unique, go play a dead game where no one will copy your name. The fact of the matter is, there are tens of thousands of players who play this game. Even if you had succeeded, chances are another person would come along and take that name in a month or 2. Trying to buy someone’s name is hard af, and probably pointless. Trying to buy the rights to a name, and everything similar to it, you’d have better chances of getting 200m irl before you manage to eliminate all names that are very similar.
Triplicant [2037705]
The best artist I know taught me you can steal anything, but steal no more than 10%

This being torn, I'd flip the sides, and say leave at least 10% of what you stole.

17% is pretty generously different.
Triplicant [2037705]
An old faction mate once changed his name to TripIicant.

Capital i instead of a lowercase L, after the p.

I thought it was f**king hilarious.
Ninivah [1950421]
First of all no one knew either of you existed until this so he did you a major favour.

Second of all he didn't scam you. You asked him to change his name so it wouldn't look like yours. It never did in the first place. D's don't look like r's and zeroes are clearly not capital O's. You had nothing to worry about so you shouldn't have started anything in the first place.

Lastly, the audacity to demand people change their name. You have a bloody 0 in your name. That's more embarrassing than losing 200m. When 3 months is over you should pay him another 200m to get his current name.

You are wrong and you are the only one that is wrong.
Miles [67131]
Wtf you talking about lucky, I joined the game 15 years ago Nooblet. It's not luck, I found the game before you, that's it.
Triplicant [2037705]
Well, he found that name after you, so finders keepers you big baby.

Now where's my 200mil.

Edit: anyone else getting a growing suspicion OP has a serious lack of a sense of humor, which has been replaced by egotistical entitlement?
Miles [67131]
Perhaps if you had read my statement before commenting you would know that I do not intend to buy every single person's name who is similar to mine. To be specific there was a person by the name of st0mer about a year ago who I talked to, he was relatively new and I knew he was going to quit the game soon so I did not bother trying to offer him or for that matter extort him as someone put.

As I pointed out however, I could tell this guy had made a decent name in the forums and I wished to politely ask to separate ourselves.

I find it hilarious how some of you forum goons only care about karma and clout in the forums. I can give a s*** less if my karma was negative 1 million.

as I said in my original post I don't care if you find me to be an extortionist or a bully. Both of those things are still better than being a scammer. though I may have extorted him to your parameters I still was honest in what I intended to do and what I would do if he didn't comply. If you find me a be a bad person or someone who is immature because of this fine. I still will never be as s***** as this scammer.
4-20 [2515051]
He changed his name from Stoned to Stoner which complies with the terms you set for him, pretty sure your weed is laced pal.