Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

App internet connection

Started by RabbitFluffs [2223799] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 45 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
RabbitFluffs [2223799]
I have a Pixel 2 that recently updated to Android 11 and now the app will periodically lose internet connection. If I have been on cell data and switch to wifi, or vice versa, between times that I opened the app, the app will not connect to the internet. I have to restart my phone for it to reset itself and connect, then I can open and close the app as many times as I wish until I go to a new place with a different wifi or just cellular svc ... And then I restart my phone to reconnect again.

None of my other apps have acted the way and uninstalling then reinstalling Torn did not help.

Any ideas?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
What is the app version that you are using? Is it the public beta or the stable version 0.3.10?
Iskosk [2187770]
RabbitFluffs I have the same issue when switching from wifi to cell service or vice versa. I just have to make sure i completly close the torn app and reopen it to reestablish the connection. When you change between the two your IP changes so the connwction isnt valid until it is reestablished.

I us a Samsung Galexy S10
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The issue has been fixed in public beta version. It is available to everyone who has signed up for Beta testing on Play store. I don't think it makes sense to pass up a fixed issue back to the developer. If you are able to replicate the issue in the Beta version of the app, then please feel free to file another bug report.

Thanks..!!