For some reason I cannot dm Wickprincess. it says she is blocked. i added her to the ignore list and then removed her which usually fixes block chat issues. she did the same for me. she can dm me but i cant dm her. this has been an issue for about 2 weeks now. as you can see the chat box is X'ed out. please help me. https://imgur.com/fhyI93N thats the pic of what it looks like on my end.
Blocked from dms
Started by Rebornman [2106981] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 5
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Can you please navigate to Blocked section of People tab and ensure that they aren't added to the Blocked list?
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
i just checked. there is only 1 person there and it is not wickedprincess.
What does it say when you hover over the crossed out chat button?
I've also had this happen to several people I traded with. I get the message "You cannot chat with this user because they have not interacted with you recently or they have blocked you" even though they verify with me that they have never met me before and vice versa.
The first time I noticed the message, it was with Dekloren when I wanted to apply to his company. That was Dek so i just assumed he had blocked me so I just ignored it and moved on. When I started trading, that's when it started to appear more. A few people in the span of 2 months or so, all who have never met me and I have never met them.
One of my customers did solve the issue by adding me to their friends list. The rest either didn't care enough or nothing worked for them.
However, mailing them seems to be a workaround.
The first time I noticed the message, it was with Dekloren when I wanted to apply to his company. That was Dek so i just assumed he had blocked me so I just ignored it and moved on. When I started trading, that's when it started to appear more. A few people in the span of 2 months or so, all who have never met me and I have never met them.
One of my customers did solve the issue by adding me to their friends list. The rest either didn't care enough or nothing worked for them.
However, mailing them seems to be a workaround.
[image: i.imgur.com]
What you explain is likely due to the highlighted setting being toggled by you or one of the individuals you are communicating with.
What you explain is likely due to the highlighted setting being toggled by you or one of the individuals you are communicating with.
OH. That might be why. I have mine turned to anyone but other people might have it different.
Is it turned on to anyone automatically? And is this what OP is referring to?
Is it turned on to anyone automatically? And is this what OP is referring to?
I believe the default is "Anyone". It's possible this is OP's issue as well. It's also possible OP is logged into two devices and can log out of all devices, clear cache, and try again.
On PC, an icon can usually be accessed by right clicking and selecting Open in new tab, or alternatively, accessing the mini-chat window from the friends or recent players tab.
There could also be a script at play.
On PC, an icon can usually be accessed by right clicking and selecting Open in new tab, or alternatively, accessing the mini-chat window from the friends or recent players tab.
There could also be a script at play.
this is what it says
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
That would mean the person in question needs to remove you from the Chat people's block list like I mentioned above. Please check with them and ask them to remove you from the Blocked list. It appears like this to me:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
she is following the thread also. she says she does not have me on block
ok ill try. shes is super dense so i may need to explain it 400 times to her
i deleted her from recent still blocked. awaiting her
Please close this thread.
Closing the report. Thanks..!!