There were faults in this suggestion so this better be graved :P
Saw
this question where the person wanted to buy a company but the director got permabanned before he could seal the deal. My suggestion is that maybe such companies can be put for auction and sold to the higher bidder just like in if real life you can't pay your dues the company shares are sold.
Mentions:
What happens when a director gets fedded?
R+
This suggestion would potentially provide a more-affordable path to company ownership and thus encourage more players to become company directors.
Companies run by directors who are long-term inactive could also be auctioned off.
Not sure how many companies are eligible for sale either way, but they should not all be sold at once.
The company auction could be turned into an annual event with the sales proceeds going to the church. That way, the number of companies sold per year can be throttled (directors permabanned over X years and directors inactive over Y years, with X and Y decreasing over time).
Maybe even have some related contests like:
1. Give away one company to whoever sends in the best answer to "Why should I be given a company?".
2. Most popular company director (as voted by current and former employees of the company).
For timing, June makes sense as it lacks major events now.
Disagree: Dead companies are actually very useful because they add +1 to the company type that goes against how many are top 10% which determines the number of 10* companies.
shouldn't there be more competition? like if a person owning a faction get permabanned the ownership can get transferred but nothing like that for the ownership of companies
This doesn't change that calculation though. Just turns a non-competing company into a competing one. I assume the effect of that would be it being harder to star up at lower stars.
Stealing companies from inactives is a big no no. What if they come back?
maybe if they are inactive for a certain timeframe ie 180 days etc
edit : oh I didn't realize OP was asking to auction companies from PERMABANNED directors.... I thought only an inactive one.... yes definitely ew, those tainted companies should definitely go to the black hole along with the banned director lol
I disagree
They were fedded for cheating
Hence they got that company as a result of cheating and it's been stained by their sins.
We shouldn't let it corrupt us.
Ew
I have a player in my faction that came back after 5 years.
I myself was inactive for 2 years.
Torn's whole selling point is that it's the 'forever' game.
I miss my virtual gf in runescape.
I'm right here honey!!!
Noice now let's skip to the part where I spoil you with some game money
Yes daddy!!
Can I get $5 billion ?
Pls give bred for hed
If you read that how I think you did your soul is tainted
They went over this before and decided its not the same thing.
Some people are believing that it's abusable. So, maybe we can improvise on the idea if possible cuz if we look at factions then the factions don't suffer any hit if only the leader is banned I believe until and unless they abused the system a lot. So, if the leadership of a faction can be shifted why not something about companies.
We can have a time limit of a few days so that the banned director can't restart and take over.
Factions get passed because people care about their factions and they are built up from a team effort over years. Companies just sorta exist and employees don't typically care about their companies so there is not really any downside in it fading away.
I just see no reason to do this. Inactives come back all the time and fedded companies have ill gotten gains written all over them.