Hahaha god I can't imagine having to design a map that would allow that to work, but would be a fun king of the hill style competition. Maybe something to think about after the development of Ranked warring..
Wave your magic wand
Started by Aezur [1950769] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
That would be awesome tbh
I would give each county their special area, like sa has hunting, switzerland has rehab. Hawaii could have a resort that increases e regen for a few hours, canada could increase happy regen, etc etc
The socks are what make the outfit.
I like this. Gives us little guys a way to try and show off - and contribute to our faction. This 'organized-crime'-stuff is not fun.
I understand u-big guys' need for more tasks, but think back: Being small is really boring. It's all about levels and learning the game. That Duke-stuff is not really enough to stay alert.
Studyingt Hall of Fame it gets obvious, that lots of small players drop out, before the game gets really interesting. Too bad. More money would be spent, if there were more stuff to do while levelling up. And why not let casino play a bigger role? It's a fine place to act while waiting for energy to build back up?
The game BattlePirats had a strategy to keep small and huge players occupied: Picking up ressources. How? The player couldn't die - only his fleets. In Torn-city it's hard to find things to do, that doesn't cost energy in some way.
How about tasks to increase items' stats? (presupposes a long list of tasks that doesn't demand energy OR makes it interesting to hit players that are bigger than yourself and actually alive)
This game is really fun, but I would loooove, that I could do someting more than playing poker while waiting for my energybar to reset. I won't spend a dime untill i can travell - lol...
I understand u-big guys' need for more tasks, but think back: Being small is really boring. It's all about levels and learning the game. That Duke-stuff is not really enough to stay alert.
Studyingt Hall of Fame it gets obvious, that lots of small players drop out, before the game gets really interesting. Too bad. More money would be spent, if there were more stuff to do while levelling up. And why not let casino play a bigger role? It's a fine place to act while waiting for energy to build back up?
The game BattlePirats had a strategy to keep small and huge players occupied: Picking up ressources. How? The player couldn't die - only his fleets. In Torn-city it's hard to find things to do, that doesn't cost energy in some way.
How about tasks to increase items' stats? (presupposes a long list of tasks that doesn't demand energy OR makes it interesting to hit players that are bigger than yourself and actually alive)
This game is really fun, but I would loooove, that I could do someting more than playing poker while waiting for my energybar to reset. I won't spend a dime untill i can travell - lol...
When I first joined this was my sentiment exactly. One of my first first ever threads was asking how to 'play' the game. I was used to another browser game that require near constant attention. But I feel it takes away one of Torn's most elegant features; Torn fits around your life, rather than you having to fit your life around it.
I completely agree with the sentiment though. A more engaging early game would really help with player retention, and help newer players feel included. I feel a ranked / tiered warring system would help this because factions would essentially always be at war, but against people their own size, so fun times. I think in combination to the other posts wanting an overhaul to flying would really fix the issue.
You can get to level 15 in about 10-to-15 days if you only spend your energy on attacking levelling targets.
I completely agree with the sentiment though. A more engaging early game would really help with player retention, and help newer players feel included. I feel a ranked / tiered warring system would help this because factions would essentially always be at war, but against people their own size, so fun times. I think in combination to the other posts wanting an overhaul to flying would really fix the issue.
You can get to level 15 in about 10-to-15 days if you only spend your energy on attacking levelling targets.
Oh, I'm sure it would be a total ballache to develop LOL.
It's a magic wand though, sir. Gotta dream big!
It's a magic wand though, sir. Gotta dream big!
Faction war
Dutch people would ask me to stop waving my magic wand around
Crimes 10, forget 2-9, just crimes 10.
buff claymore sword
If I could change one thing...
The community manager would be a non-player with no ties to factions, volunteer staff, players, etc. Because no matter how many good decisions a player makes as CM, he/she will never be free from bias. Their friends become untouchable, and enemies of their friends are disregarded as troublemakers simply for reporting them.
I realize that I'm doing an about-face on previous posts, but experience recently has taught me that Torn players let power go to their heads when granted absolute authority.
The community manager would be a non-player with no ties to factions, volunteer staff, players, etc. Because no matter how many good decisions a player makes as CM, he/she will never be free from bias. Their friends become untouchable, and enemies of their friends are disregarded as troublemakers simply for reporting them.
I realize that I'm doing an about-face on previous posts, but experience recently has taught me that Torn players let power go to their heads when granted absolute authority.
Makes sense,i support it.
Online casino on laptop whilst flying.
As Much as I sort of agree. I absolutely don't for the simple fact that you NEED someone who actually plays the game to be in. Position of power, otherwise there is always, every single f**king time, a massive disconnect in what the owner thinks will be fun and beneficial for the game, and what the users, players, and payers actually want. I've seen it in dozens of games.
The best thing chief did in the last 5 years was hire a long term passionate player. (#onlythingquestionmarkkiddingsortakidding)
Every time. Just this month we had a small tiff in the B&I, then C forum about a certain feature that EVERY single actual player knows about and understands and that it exists and is normal. And it's been like that for 15 years. And apparently it's a bug according to the chief and it shouldn't be like that.
That disconnect is massive unfortunately. Even here where the chief talks ALOT in the forums all things considered.
The best thing chief did in the last 5 years was hire a long term passionate player. (#onlythingquestionmarkkiddingsortakidding)
Every time. Just this month we had a small tiff in the B&I, then C forum about a certain feature that EVERY single actual player knows about and understands and that it exists and is normal. And it's been like that for 15 years. And apparently it's a bug according to the chief and it shouldn't be like that.
That disconnect is massive unfortunately. Even here where the chief talks ALOT in the forums all things considered.
We have a player committee, and a ton of other volunteer staff members to bounce ideas off the community manager and help him stay up to date on important issues, but as it is now...bogie gets paid real life cash to help his friends and spank those he dislikes.
I'm not judging him. He's relatively young and wisdom will come in time, but right now he's blinded to the many ways he actually hurts the community that he's paid to be helping. Sure, his experience is invaluable and he's really smart, but no other employer would pay someone without at least having constant oversight and performance reviews.
Again, this isn't an attack on him in the least. Everyone who's invested years in the game would have trouble being impartial...but isn't that sort of a requirement in a Community Manager?
I'm not judging him. He's relatively young and wisdom will come in time, but right now he's blinded to the many ways he actually hurts the community that he's paid to be helping. Sure, his experience is invaluable and he's really smart, but no other employer would pay someone without at least having constant oversight and performance reviews.
Again, this isn't an attack on him in the least. Everyone who's invested years in the game would have trouble being impartial...but isn't that sort of a requirement in a Community Manager?
Make Yucca Plant temp weapon. Totally gonna change everything!!
there definitely is a problem with the education background I will agree.
but the way the system is built right now and was for the first 13 years of the game, the buck started and stopped with Ched. there was no *bouncing ideas* and there still isnt really tbh, B is the only one who has the potential to push his influence, and i dont even know what level of status he has for those abilities
Sure we had Clancy and hydro, even though I only caught the tail end of them, but what I caught was bad. I personally was a victim of exactly what you are talking about with *favorites* under Clancy
B is nothing like those two.
I will admit that I have not been following his caseload with a fine-tooth comb like others have, but what I have seen has been decidedly more fair, honest, and upfront.
My opinion on this would be pick your battles. If I am waving a f*ing wand around that can do anything, a community Manager change isnt even in my top 100.
but the way the system is built right now and was for the first 13 years of the game, the buck started and stopped with Ched. there was no *bouncing ideas* and there still isnt really tbh, B is the only one who has the potential to push his influence, and i dont even know what level of status he has for those abilities
Sure we had Clancy and hydro, even though I only caught the tail end of them, but what I caught was bad. I personally was a victim of exactly what you are talking about with *favorites* under Clancy
B is nothing like those two.
I will admit that I have not been following his caseload with a fine-tooth comb like others have, but what I have seen has been decidedly more fair, honest, and upfront.
My opinion on this would be pick your battles. If I am waving a f*ing wand around that can do anything, a community Manager change isnt even in my top 100.
Comparing him to a CM who steals items from players to give their friends, and then feds that player permanently to cover their tracks, is definitely not fair to bogie...
But it is an extreme example of why players can't be the CM we need. If we invest years here as a player, it's natural to form connections, and rivalries. Maybe most can tell their friends to f**k off when asked to do a "favor", and even punish them if they cross a line...
But when a rule isn't clear, a player's default mode is always going to be to side with their friends first. Except to the people who aren't their friends, this looks exactly like bias getting in the way of impartiality. And it IS, even if a small issue...
I always choose my battles carefully - even if it's one I can't win. As 2020 has shown us all....we don't see change unless we're willing to bring a problem to light.
But it is an extreme example of why players can't be the CM we need. If we invest years here as a player, it's natural to form connections, and rivalries. Maybe most can tell their friends to f**k off when asked to do a "favor", and even punish them if they cross a line...
But when a rule isn't clear, a player's default mode is always going to be to side with their friends first. Except to the people who aren't their friends, this looks exactly like bias getting in the way of impartiality. And it IS, even if a small issue...
I always choose my battles carefully - even if it's one I can't win. As 2020 has shown us all....we don't see change unless we're willing to bring a problem to light.