Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hacking Crime

Started by Matty_h [48911] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 962 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Matty_h [48911]
So previously people have discussed the financial benefit of the hacking crime and accepting you’ll get fails so you probably won’t be involved in a PA team.

Some people argued that you could earn as much from the hacking as the average PA member.

However with the recent changes I wonder how many people will now be hammering hacking crimes as well as being involved in PA’s and bringing in some good cash.
AngelOfDeath [2346077]
According to this thread hacking gives an average of 85% success rate.
To "play even" with CE you need to have a success rate of 95%. So I doubt a lot of people are willing to risk their PA seat while hacking (unless I'm missing out on something).

edit: WiseTheRumGone disliked your post
pls don’t shoot the messenger ;)

Mentions: Hacking Crimes for Cash

Matty_h [48911]
True you can’t break even on hacking alone, but if you mix in some arsons for each jail you had. You could easily keep your CE “safe”.
Miquella [2517625]
the PA itself gives very sizeable chunk of CE by itself. Like really big. I doubt the losses from hacking would outweight it. It would certainly slow you down in climb if you want to be the lead. But if you're already a lead i don't see why would you not.
MightyGoober [812478]
I think the success of the PA would probably keep you moving upwards.

Keep in mind, your PA can fail, and you would have lost CE during those 8 days. Plus it opens up the possibility of others passing you in CE.
Lance0 [2298087]
Strange, I did my maths on it and it *should be* around 10.76 arsons for a successful attempt. idk what I did wrong lol

unless you actually lose like 7% CE on a red hackerman
Xakhan [2574177]
What do you mean 'cap'? Is the average not what is important in terms of 'breaking even' on CE (assuming hacking is sole crime outside of PA of course, understand you can sprinkle in arsons)?

Edit: I've got it now, dont worry
RealmKeeper [781015]
Having done almost 4000 FBI Hacks, I'd say is quite a bir more than 30 arsons to make up for one failure.

The most definitive example I had was increasing NNB about 4 successful fbi hacks prior to a failure, failing one and dropping NNB, then it was approx 5-6 days of pure arson to gain it back.
I don't know what that equates to with a 40 NNB, but say, 150+ nerve on attempting arsons per day for 5 days... that's 750 nerve, maybe 60 successful warehouse arsons???
I dunno, just speaking from experience.
AngelOfDeath [2346077]
That’s with the “old” system. With the newest change from last tuesday a failure is max 20x what a successful hack would give you in CE. So to know how much arsons you drop it’s best to know what you gain from 1 successful hack.
Lance0 [2298087]
According to this one, it's also around 95%, but only slightly under 95%. The sample size is about 500.

I'm actually scared to make a thread on the crime success rate on hackermans (and comparing them to PAs) because I'm led to believe that it's upwards of a 90% success rate. I mean it's like 1 in 40 million for the lower bound and at best it's still around 1 in 10M.