Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Most short term profitable path?

Started by Ali_K [2248794] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 391 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ali_K [2248794]
I did the necessary upgrades, now I have 343 Treats left. Before I exchange them, which upgrades should I do from level 2 to maximize profit for this year?
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
With that many treats left I think all the level two upgrades pay off. A couple of us were trying to calculate this, based on the results in another thread for outcomes with all tier two upgrades, and we disagreed on exactly where the cut-off point was for how many treats you need for all upgrades to be worth it, but both of us were considering lower numbers than what you have.
Ali_K [2248794]
So I upgrade all level 2(195 treats) and use the 148 treats left plus whatever I get from now till noon in exchanging right?
Gielens [2518118]
I'd argue that the high-tier cans and booze are 100% worth it, just as the mid-tier cans. Now the mid-tier booze is up to you to choose. Personally I haven't upgraded the candy as I don' see it as worth it.

Now, I don't know how the prizepool works exactly. (does anyone?) Does every item you can get have an equal chance of do you have a set chance to draw a candy, a can or a alcohol bottle? If it's the latter, then upgrading everything makes sense. If it's an equal chance per item in the prize pool it makes sense IMO to only add the high-value items. As you'll have a higher chance to draw them when your prizepool contains less items.
Gielens [2518118]
After my previous post, I've exchanged 59 treats with the following results:
Bag of cany kisses - 7
Bag of tootsie rolls - 11
Bottle of beer - 8
Bottle of pumpkin brew - 8
Bottle of Stinky swamp punch - 6
Can of goose juice - 6
Can of damp valley - 3
Can of munster - 4
Can of red cow - 6

It seems like you get a roughly equal split between candy/booze/cans. So IMO it's worth it to upgrade all of the payouts if you want to earn the most cash this year. Long term investment is a whole different story.
iribuya [2103695]
My advice is to keep them for next years expensive upgrades.

The 1k--->1.1k upgrade is probably the best, since it can be seen as an instant basket upgrade.

Without any upgrades it's above $500k / treat, so if you need the cash, sure go for it.
Ali_K [2248794]
Yeah I need the cash this year, plus level 2 upgrades can still be considered short and long term ones. I won't have to reupgrade them next year. Also I already have upgraded all except last from level 1 and cat in hell from level 3.
Ali_K [2248794]
BTW:
You exchanged your 150 treats and received...
33 x Bag of Candy Kisses, 17 x Bag of Tootsie Rolls, 10 x Bottle of Beer, 13 x Bottle of Pumpkin Brew, 9 x Bottle of Wicked Witch, 13 x Bottle of Stinky Swamp Punch, 14 x Can of Goose Juice, 17 x Can of Damp Valley, 6 x Can of Crocozade, 9 x Can of Munster, 9 x Can of Red Cow

Equivalent to 70m
Indefatigable [2517458]
I'm not doing itm. Got 230 treats and all of tier 1 and cat out of hell. Hope I am playing in a year. Although probably won't cash out then either