Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn APP Store - Laptop Functionality

Started by PuddleofDucks [2120940] on in Suggestions.

16 replies · 164 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
57
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
PuddleofDucks [2120940]
Tl:dr Software upgrades for the laptop.

I fly quite a bit. Yeah, I know you do too. I've seen you snoring, head tilted back drooling with a sleep mask over your eyes as we head to UAE, SA, China. Maybe you might pull out your laptop, read the paper, browse the forums, check your stonks/email.

What if you could upgrade your laptop to have functions that go beyond the limits of a Tandy 1400?

I am suggesting the Torn App Store. Purchasable software upgrades to increase functionality.
Each app could have a one time cost or even a subscription fee as we see many of them trending towards these days.

Possible new functions: (each having its own app, or bundled in several apps)

Casino Access - play a couple hands of poker? keno? all while soaring through the sky!
Edu access - sign up for your online classes while in a territorial feud for YOUR armrests.
Faction Roster - see the current roster of your/others factions. Maybe not their current status (online/traveling etc)
View Companies - see but maybe not being to make any changes? or maybe yes make changes?
Estate Agent Access - manage/view your rental properties while running xan/plushies/flowers to pay your own rent.
View the HOF - check your ranking in any of the various categories.

I know this one has been sort of suggested in the past:
Bazaar/Item market access - Either be able to just browse and not purchase, or purchase and have it available upon landing in Torn.

I am trying to think of some things I would love to be able to do while flying, that I would pay for, that isn't game breaking.



Would you pay for some of these functionalities?

Is your time in the air the time you need to step away from Torn for a bit?

Think any of these suggestions are game breaking/not needed?

Have any more applications to suggest or in a different way?

I have no idea what a PDA does. Just throwing that out there.
Vrocks [2577848]
I love this idea, Especially since laptops are completely useless right now.

One thing that always bugs me is that they allow us to access all the things via API when travelling so why not just add a simple UI for them? It would work even better with your idea of "apps".

Also, You can already check HoF if you have the link when flying.
Meisme123 [2577822]
YEEEE THIS WOULD BE SO AMAZING, I utterly hate flying, and almost never do it, but this would make flying so much more bearable (although I still probs wont like it much).
CaravanPalace [2034788]
If the idea is improving the flight environment and bring a new joy to the game, they should start by changing the existing unrealistic, private-like public flights to something where each player is waiting for the departure time of their booked public flight, and there is a chance that someone hijacks the plane and changes its direction or maybe crashes the plane and people are hospitalized.

Also, remove the business flight and merge it into the public flight, and the difference to become, business class passengers are taken into account before other passengers after they all arrive at the same time. FIFO queueing in both boarding and landing maybe?

There is an infinite number of different ways to improve, but nothing has yet been done about the dullness of Torn citizens' flight experience.

Time to riot brothers.