Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Bodybagger .?

Started by Doctor_ [1693551] on in General Discussion.

78 replies · 4.26k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

chef [536670]
Hes a f**king tank let it go. Torn has changed to make it a real money game. Now you can spend all the RL cash you want and never reach the top. Have fun enjoy the game.
doms [465462]
@Andy, your post implies a post-stock timeframe. Before stocks/BB's were introduced it was a very different game.
Pete1994 [965235]
Before the Sport Shop was available Stat enhancers were only about 100m each, I remember the race BB had with a dude called The_Legend (anyone else remember that dude?) to lvl 100. BB won obviously.
DonCabra [2082453]
Well.....if you don't like 'Cheater' how does 'Thief ' suit you personally @Doctor_[1693551] ?

As in.... if you don't have the balls/stats to mug big sums , hell , at least you can scam your way to a mere 77M by stealing from a Faction - Mate ?

Way to go slimeball.

Mentions: Doctor_ [1693551]

BodyBagger [99177]
I wish I had paid only $10M for SEs. The average I paid was probably upwards of $500M. I didn't buy them early like Nota and Thuglife. By the time I used them, they were much more expensive and there was no cap since there was no Nikkeh store. I paid $650M for some of them at one point.

I never used the self-bust benefit since I was working on getting some merits rather than self bust since I thought I could do it later, but it was taken away before I could use it. The biggest beneficiary of the self bust was DrGonzo.

I did make my money with trading items, and then used that to play the stock market, but not the great first stock market, or I would have $10 trillion in the bank. I was overseas on missions when that market was out. I made my money when the new stock market came around and everyone said it was dead.

I was the richest player by leaps and bounds and I had to restart because of the Torn blackout. I had so much money when Ched introduced the Beta version of Torn, that I was giving $100s of billions of dollars for fun to the Torn community, including 1-day old noobs. I gave all my weapons away, absolutely everything away. Then, the blackout happened and Ched used beta to bring back Torn, and I had lost my 10s of trillions of torn money. I asked my faction mates if they could send back some money that I sent them, but I didn't remember everyone that I sent money to, so I ended up with a small percentage of the wealth I had before the blackout. I was going to quit Torn but faction mates convinced me to stay.

I put in a lot of time on the game in the first few years. Yes, I used lots of SEs quickly, but that wasn't even good for me in the end. I wish I didn't start using them all at 500M in stats. Imagine if I had used them after 1 or 2 billion in stats, I would have stats in the quintillions.

I don't have the time or inclination to play Torn at the level I played Torn in its first 1000 days, and that's normal. Most of us don't.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
How tf does anybody with a brain (being generous) not f**kin see the exploitability of exponential gain like that? Wouldn't even call it exploitation, just seems like forethought was not present
JheronimusBosch [2034816]
BodyBagger age 16: Hey no girl will touch my penis so let me find a fun game on this thing called the internets BodyBagger 16 years later: Oh g*d what have I done :)
Adrenalinas [1974447]
At yours point it not so big difference if you used them on 500m or on 1b stats (that 30b of $ at current prices per stat) just 70 se`s (280 se per 4 stats) 280/4818= that just 6% of your se used, so not big deal :D