Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Patch list - inactivity refills.

Started by Ninja [1021493] on in General Discussion.

143 replies · 2.85k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 144 / 144 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
144
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

A-Obey [1287944] ×1 Jaras [1689558] ×1

Ninja [1021493]
‘Changed inactive free refills maximum credit quantity from 250 to 100’

Not the fix the game needs, but it’s a start.

From experience, this should cap around 17-18 months inactive. 100 refills is still 600 attacks, or 1000 if using Ugly Energy.

Can admins/devs make it so that these can’t be used in events such as Halloween now? Thanks in advance

edit: downvoted mainly from players who have long periods of inactivity.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I mean honestly just lol at this really, it doesn't change the fundamental issue of the huge effect a large number of refills can have in a short amount of time.

Having 250 (or even more?) wasn't the issue. It was being able to use 250 in a single day which severely compromises time-limited events.

Feels a little like Ched completely skim-read all the feedback / issues with this.
Ninja [1021493]
They’ll only see 100 max, I know 250 took around 4 years before.

And probably so, come on, use 40-50 of the ones they have there, and then no activity again until Xmas town.
Ninja [1021493]
The problem with time limited, is the fact that you can’t use points ones whilst having the inactive ones available.

So if you want to use your own points, you could miss out for 20-25 days if it was 4 or 5 allowed per day.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I don't really see that as a problem. You have extra refills for not having played the game, seems like a pretty good deal if you have to sacrifice the 1x 25 point refill each day.
Lance0 [2298087]
I mean why didn't Ched just remove the cap entirely?

The better solution would be to make it so that there is no cap, but make it so that when in an energy-intensive competition, refills, inactive or not, should be limited to 1 energy refill a day.
Xiphias [187717]
Btw wasn't this number already lowered a few years back from an unlimited amount (or some high number) down to 250? What was the reason for that back then?
Ninja [1021493]
If player is actively using refills for training/reviving (non time limited events) I think it should be allowed to refill with your own points too.

I had to rush through mine in the space of around 24-48 hours without thinking about how best to use them so that I didn’t miss out on points refills.

There was also a glitch where if you clicked your points > refill energy > gym > train and click points again, it would auto refill without having to click refill energy. I believe I lost a couple of refills to this before I realised what had happened.
Adrenalinas [1974447]
You can use point refills from faction without using free one.
Just saying that here way around and buy new fc, upgrade to points armory and use e refills from armory is not hard to do.



Looks like it was fixed.
Lance0 [2298087]
wait that actually works? I thought you can't use armory to refill when you have free refills

Edit: oh nvm apparently it doesn't
Adrenalinas [1974447]
I missed that. I just know that in past I had member that back from inactivity then donated points for using them from armory while he hoped get Book : Ugly Energy.
Pervalidus [2066614]
By current estimates, they roughly get a single 150 energy refill for every 5,040 energy(natural weekly regeneration of e) they missed out on to help them catch up a little bit. No amount of event prizes or rewards will make up for not using up their 5k weekly energy while they were retired, and I'm not even counting xanax use, nerve, event participation they missed out on etc.

I think limiting it to 100 is a good balanced change that still allows people to feel like they can catch up a bit, while not going overboard.
Your suggestion is fairly good as well, but if they were to prevent stocked refill usage in events, I think they should remove the new cap.

EDIT: Was in a hurry, accidentally wrote 1k energy when I meant ticks of energy. Corrected the comment now
oraN [1778676]
atleast its like 1 merit for playing 100 days in a row and not some powerups/loot crate/"unlimited energy" kind of thing.