47 replies · 647 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
48
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I still try to play, just a tad hard to find a new group when my ex was the DM...
Thankfully found a store nearby, just waiting for Covid to not be in the way anymore.
There are sites like roll20 and Ai Dungeon, but roll20 can be... A challenge when you pay your DM to host a game, and the Ai, well things get weird quick sometimes. Lol
I played a couple games finding groups on reddit /lfg pretty hit or miss had one of the best DMs ever then a terrible dm and now a ok DM Think it's worth a shot usually have starter games too
I play with friends on Sundays, with another group at my game cafe on Tuesdays, and on discord/roll 20 on Thursdays. Hard to keep my characters straight sometimes! I started playing only magic users, but recently have been exploring the life of a monk. I'm also playing my first "exotic" character - a Leonin from Theros.
I can deal with weird...its the forgetting what it just told me that frustrates me...I end up killing off a lot of the ai characters just to keep it from getting confused....wonder if the dragon is any "smarter"
Use to play with a group of friends but we're taking a break right now. Tbh I find the crafting part of the hobby more fun (painting minis, making terrain, etc). I also just started reading the rules to Cogent if anyone knows that system
Been a while since we had enough friends together to play a good adventure. Started in late 70's with Basic D&D, then AD&D/AD&D2. imho AD&D3/3.5 made the game too long and tedious, took lot of fun out, so we pretty much stuck to the pre-3.0 rules. COVID pretty much killed our periodic meets.
I started playing recently, my last character was a elf cleric. This time I’ve gone for a Dragonborn monk. Definitely ready for the covid to go away and get some more routine gaming though.
I've been roleplaying for 35 years and I've played so many different systems. Currently my group has a regular pathfinder game on Sundays using fantasy grounds. In it I'm playing a halfling cat totem barbarian, which I'm finding a lot of fun.
But honestly I prefer the d100 systems like mythras and call of cthulhu. I can't wait to start face to face gaming again and running my own campaign! I've just bought so much d100 RPG stuff during lock down!
Been playing DND since 2019 really love the group I'm in. I play a simic hybrid from MTG but before the ravnica handbook was released lol so he's homebrew wild magic sorcerer human but just has cosmetic extra crab arms. He's called Geoff Keighley like the guy from E3 game show, and he didn't have morality alignment because i didn't know about it when I learned the game lol! I also play a half orc fighter called puuvbére with archery specialism in Curse of Strahd, but she's alignment bent due to backstory of orphaned and raised by pirates to be true neutral.
Yes. I got into it accidently cause a friend wanted to see if they could be a DM and i fell in love with the game. I'm such a basic bitch though and adore wizards. Elijah is my alcoholic human wizard and I just love him.
Though saying that, im just about to start a campaign where I'm a warlock, so that's going to be interesting.