I was thinking about the Dump recently and I was wondering some things. What happens if all the items in the dump are picked up? What happens if you try to search the dump while it’s empty? Is the dump a viable source of income if you get lucky?
The Dump
Started by Throwaway [2610754] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Seba_Nile [1782274]
· 1 likes ·
Check my profile sig and my spouses profile pictures fir lucky dump finds
Not really sure what would happen if all the items were emptied from the dump. I really can't see that happening though in reality. The dump is really no way to make an income at all. Your energy would be far better placed training in the gym. Even selling losses would be a better use of your energy.
There is however a merit for searching the dump 1000 times. Personally, if I have 5e left before calling it a night, I'll use it to search the dump. I feel nothing gets wasted that way.
Edit: Once I get the merit, I'll probably just switch down to a lower gym to spend the last of my energy.
There is however a merit for searching the dump 1000 times. Personally, if I have 5e left before calling it a night, I'll use it to search the dump. I feel nothing gets wasted that way.
Edit: Once I get the merit, I'll probably just switch down to a lower gym to spend the last of my energy.
there will never be no items in the dump because of both the merit for dumping 5k items, and the sheer waste of energy searching the dump is. but if it did happen idk that would be weird. and absolutely no its not a source of income. As a general rule, its not good for income if you have to use your energy (some revive but that's different) as it will severely take its toll on your battle stats. although still, selling losses for a guaranteed 250-300k is much, much better than getting 5 boxes of tissues for the same amount of energy
switch to a first tier gym and train for 5e. it wont get you much at all, but its better than a box of tissues
There are about 120m items in the dump (160m trashed minus 40m found).. To empty it, assuming no one will add into the dump, will take 600m energy..
While not impossible, it is very unlikely it will ever gets empty..
Besides, who would want to miss out on one of the easiest merit (dumping their items into the trash)
While not impossible, it is very unlikely it will ever gets empty..
Besides, who would want to miss out on one of the easiest merit (dumping their items into the trash)
Never found anything useful there the place is a dump
Check my profile sig and my spouses profile pictures fir lucky dump finds
Woot very nice ones
Yep... Literally just doing it until I get the dump searching merit. Then swotting gyms is exactly what I'll be doing.
Dump will never empty. I'd bet for every item that gets picked up 500 more get dumped.
If you total the top 10 players it's 13,032,999 items dumped. Searching this out would cost 65,164,995e the equivalent of 260,660 xanax worth.
Its fair to say that unless there is a staff edit of those items the dump will never be empty.
source: https://beta.tornstats.com/graphs/itemsdumped
Its fair to say that unless there is a staff edit of those items the dump will never be empty.
source: https://beta.tornstats.com/graphs/itemsdumped
Yep,
Only day some people even stack for dump searching is during Christmass time when Duke drops all sorts of goodies at random times in the dump.
But when you search the dump and there are 10,000 items A, 10 items B and 1 item C, it's still 33% chance you get C, since it first chooses one of the item types, THEN picks of them.
So those good Duke items are often found within 1 minute of Duke dropping them.
Only day some people even stack for dump searching is during Christmass time when Duke drops all sorts of goodies at random times in the dump.
But when you search the dump and there are 10,000 items A, 10 items B and 1 item C, it's still 33% chance you get C, since it first chooses one of the item types, THEN picks of them.
So those good Duke items are often found within 1 minute of Duke dropping them.
The best time was to search the dump was when the new trash an item worth 1m merit came out
that doesnt explain my spouses boxing glove find, dumped by an ex staff who tried to sell their account
I LOVE the dump !! Just the name excites me. D u m p.
Anyway, how do you think I got all those awesome freaky masks I have now.
The d u m p. Duh...I also find my bottles of beer and lots of plushies. Which by the way
are selling higher than the market value. So it can be as good as selling cars. Never say never!!
Anyway, how do you think I got all those awesome freaky masks I have now.
The d u m p. Duh...I also find my bottles of beer and lots of plushies. Which by the way
are selling higher than the market value. So it can be as good as selling cars. Never say never!!
It’s a huge e waste really. The best times to search the dump is during Duke’s 12 days of Christmas and that’s about it. Unless someone makes a forum post about them dropping high ticket items - it’s happened from time to time.