Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Bank Issue

Started by Michael-Myers [2431183] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 64 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Michael-Myers [2431183]
I am a helper in my faction. Ran into and interesting issue. If i use Chrome my normal browser. I can't type out player names anymore and have them show in the list.
If I click faction and all I can scroll through the entire list to find a player and then give them money as needed. But if I type out the name nothing comes up. Sometimes If i type only one letter I can narrow it down other times even that does not work. Interestingly If i type the first letter of my name I never show in the list. If I do faction and then all I will randomly show. Like for instance tried it ten times out of the ten i showed in the list once. Also if I type up to a third letter of a persons name no names show at all.
For the record i have done all the basics like clearing temp internet files even saved info and such. Same issue still happens but only with Chrome.
If I use firefox everything works fine.

Honestly at this point I am not real sure the issue can even be reproduced now that I have tried it on multiple browsers.

Oh one other thing i found very interesting. I changed to a new keyboard about a week ago, Keep in mind I do not know exactly what day this issue started but wanted to include this since it all has happened in the same time period.

In the next day or so I plan to remove chrome from my system as well as from the registry and then reinstall it and see what happens then. So I may end up finding and answer myself. But also did want to bring it to you all's attention just in case.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Can you please check if you have your browser zoom ratio set to anything other than 100%? If you have set it to 90%, the first name of the list is hidden behind the "All" tab which shifts down a row:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Resetting the zoom to 100% should fix the issue

[image: i.imgur.com]

Thanks..!!
Michael-Myers [2431183]
Oh how I wish it had been something this simple so i could have blamed my kids LOL. But no actually I run at 125% because I am a 50 year old man with crappy eye site who runs at a resolution of 3840 x 2160. LOL

I did kick it down to 100% to see if it made a difference but was still the same issue. I even tried changing to a more basic resolution to see if that helped but it didn't.

I am leaning toward doing a full chrome removal. Half thinking something is bugged in it.
Unless you all have any other suggestions.