If an employee has 1/10th a main stat, but 3x the secondary stat, does the secondary make up for the lack of primary stat? And if so, how much? For example, a position requiring 11k Int and 5k End, and the employee has 1k Int but 14k+end.
Job stats question
Started by Vashti [2301042] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
I believe Torn Stats provides a breakdown on employee effectiveness.
Yes. I'm trying to decide if I should hire someone, but his stats are off (it's the ones in my example, above). He's not yet hired so I can't see his (potential) effectiveness. The wiki says 33.33% of the secondary stats counts toward effectiveness. So, I'm thinking that if his end is 3x the requirement, perhaps it will make up for his lack of primary stat, but I'm not certain.
Nope, it won't make up the difference. That employee would be 55% - 56% (ish) efficient.
Here's how I think it works.
Normal 1x/1x=90% effectiveness
Primary 1x=2/3 of the 90%=60%
Secondary 1x= 1/3 of the 90%=30%
Secondary:
Every 2x bonus over max=5 extra points
(so 2x is +5, 4x is +10, 8x is +15, etc.)
3x is 5log2(3) which is around +8
Secondary is 30%+8=38%
Primary scales linearly since it's less than 100% of the stat.
60%*1/10=6%
38%+6%=44%
So yeah, 44%. I could be entirely wrong on primary tho and it scales logarithmically but even then it wouldn't make sense to have that soooo I really don't think it's worth.
Edit: srsly, 55%? ok I'm close
Normal 1x/1x=90% effectiveness
Primary 1x=2/3 of the 90%=60%
Secondary 1x= 1/3 of the 90%=30%
Secondary:
Every 2x bonus over max=5 extra points
(so 2x is +5, 4x is +10, 8x is +15, etc.)
3x is 5log2(3) which is around +8
Secondary is 30%+8=38%
Primary scales linearly since it's less than 100% of the stat.
60%*1/10=6%
38%+6%=44%
So yeah, 44%. I could be entirely wrong on primary tho and it scales logarithmically but even then it wouldn't make sense to have that soooo I really don't think it's worth.
Edit: srsly, 55%? ok I'm close
https://beta.tornstats.com/company/positions
Go here and enter the stats manually.
You can find his efficiency to whatever job you need for.
Hope it helps.
Go here and enter the stats manually.
You can find his efficiency to whatever job you need for.
Hope it helps.
Thank you all so much!
The 55% that I come up with was taken from the calculator in tornstats... I have no idea how it is actually calculated. I didn't even try to check if I'm honest.