Recently, my Saitek X52 (not Pro) Flight/Hotas I've had since 2015, has been failing; randomly shuts off while in-use, tends to pitch negative slightly without actual input, making it unreliable. I've been looking at the thrustmaster flight hotas x setup, but I've been reading reviews complaining about how there's an issue with it wanting to yaw left with no input from the user.
Not really wanting to spend $300 or $500.
I honestly doubt you will find any useful help here out of all places.
Perhaps try a place like this. Has its own shop and board which could be used for advice I think.
https://forum.aerosoft.com/
From what I've heard the X52 Pro has pretty good build quality since Logitech took over and improved on it. I'd try and find a community dedicated to this sort of stuff though, no doubt there's relevant subreddits.
My x52 started doing this
If its the same issue, its fine actually. Make the cable from throttle to stick is ok, otherwise get a new one for 2 bucks.
Go in to regedit and delete all sets for the hotas controller.
Then get a powered USB, has to have a plugin to the wall. Plug everything in, plugging in the x52 to the powered usb.
Reason: the usb is shit in these. A slight movement can cause reconnecting issues, and that changes your center. That mames you believe your drifting, but if you recalibrate, it works again.
Buying another ps/2 cable and doing powered usb, and in was back in my flight lessons in no time