Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

12v Wiring Help?

Started by CONY_CAGE [2230895] on in Motoring.

4 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
CONY_CAGE [2230895]
I'm currently refitting an old Baja Warrior/MB200 minibike. Along with some custom frame work and full stage 4 upgrades, I'm also adding front and rear turn signals + brake/tail light. Everything, including the headlight is LED, which is where my question lies.

Obviously, I'm going to have to convert the existing AC circuit to DC by means of a bridge rectifier. However, I'm not sure whether I'd be better off using capacitors or load resistors to mitigate the hyperflash.

The concept atm, is to place bridge rec between the magneto and the battery, and then use either the caps or the load resistors in parallel between the batt and each LED.

Any suggestions?
CONY_CAGE [2230895]
Thanks for attempting to help, but that's one of about 10 different videos I've watched on the subject. That guy is using mostly stock parts and doesn't even come close to answering my question.