Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RIP Maradona

Started by StumpyDog [2252131] on in Sports.

17 replies · 162 views · thread synced · 16 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
21
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

StumpyDog [2252131]
Legend/cheat/druggy

What's your thoughts??

Amazing player probably at his prime one of the best ever, for me however always remembered for 'hand of god'
dunmugmeh [538353]
Great player! i was a young boy/young man when he played. | was born in 1974. his first world cup was 1982, the last 1994.

One the of greatest.

Thinking of todays players Maradona is the equal of messi, if not even better. He really was that good.

When he played in italy he really kicked bottom big time.

Napoli where he played is the home of the mafia? He 'found' the party lifestyle when he was there...

If you snort that stuff its really bad for your health ...

A troubled genius who died too young.
Outcast [2139210]
Hand of God, one of the greatest player ever.
Very dumb thing to say he was a druggy, you should only remember him by his love for football and what he gave to the football world.
He will always be remembered.
StumpyDog [2252131]
He cheated and to me that will always tarnish his name, forget about drugs, he was one of the best ever but to blatantly cheat like that. not good imo
Rafster [1138376]
He did cheat but can say the same about many other players like Thierry Henry, still doesn’t change the fact that he is an unbelievable footballer, widely considered one of the greatest to touch a football.

Can you imagine how much better he would’ve been if he gave his all 100% and not be an alcoholic and drug user.

Not sure if you guys saw a video recently put up by BTSports on YouTube about Gary Lineker talking about Maradona, unbelievable talent.
Phil-I-P [2035498]
People remember what people remember. It doesn't make them dumb. Elvis was fat, Bob Marley was a stoner, George Best was an alcoholic...

I've seen footage of Maradonna playing football from before I was born, but I've heard a hell of a lot more about his struggle with drug addiction during my lifetime, and unfortunately, that is the first thing that springs to mind when I hear his name. If I was a big England fan in 1986 I'd probably remember him as a cheat. If I was Argentinian I'd have 3 days of mourning to remember him however I wanted to. It's all about perspective.

Oh, and Thierry Henry is nothing but a dirty bastard cheat according to the Irish side of my family.
eJPM [2374857]
He was not a good person. But an excelent player. Too Bad that He did si many druggs. This ladt years he was a shame speaking in public. He could have lived better if ir wasnt for the abuse of drugs and close family members.
StumpyDog [2252131]
As a brit the hand of god is what I will always remember him for, I cant move on and I wont move on. BUT I saw a showreel about him, man that guy made football look so easy.
Nowadays superstars of the game are protected beyond belief, in his they weren't he used to get kicked ro crap amazing footballer one of the very very best.
SirCharlesMarks [2647633]
Great footballer that he was, the hand of God destroyed his career. I would bet he regretted it for the rest of his life. I really feel sorry for him because you can't run away from your conscience.
dunmugmeh [538353]
No he never regretted it. He was a winner and did whatever it took to win. He also played in a era when yellow cards and red cards where only given for really bad fouls. A lot of the players who fouled him would have received a instant red today. Back then nothing unless it was a really bad foul.

In the 80s/90s you could do bad tackles on a player 2/3/4 times before even getting a yellow card.