Hello torn citizens
I was having a discussion with someone and couldn't agree on an answer so I'll leave it to you.
Do looks in life give you an advantage?
For example, if you were similarly qualified for the same role but ones a 3/10 and the other is 10/10 would the better looking individual get the job role?
Or does it boil down to personality?
Looks advantage?
Started by BAG [1985070] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Why cant you look this up for yourself there really isnt much to talk about here its been proven time and time again that better looking people are more successful
https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/11-scientific-reasons-why-attractive-people-are-more-successful-in-life
https://www.theladders.com/career-advice/11-scientific-reasons-why-attractive-people-are-more-successful-in-life
Just interested to see people's thoughts
Simple answer is yes
Do you mean intentionally hiring by looks or unintentionally? The answer to both is yes.
A salesperson that is more attractive will sell more, all other factors equal, so it's a bit logical to intentionally factor in attractiveness for roles where looks are an advantage.
Most people will also purposely factor in whether or not you are a slob or a slouch, which can be included in "looks".
And then of course, yes, most of us are naturally subconsciously inclined to feel more positive towards someone they are visually attracted to.
Edit: But a 10/10 can be a red flag for some people. And most people probably aren't hired entirely on looks, but it can be a factor both consciously and subconsciously..
A salesperson that is more attractive will sell more, all other factors equal, so it's a bit logical to intentionally factor in attractiveness for roles where looks are an advantage.
Most people will also purposely factor in whether or not you are a slob or a slouch, which can be included in "looks".
And then of course, yes, most of us are naturally subconsciously inclined to feel more positive towards someone they are visually attracted to.
Edit: But a 10/10 can be a red flag for some people. And most people probably aren't hired entirely on looks, but it can be a factor both consciously and subconsciously..
Go to a rich area everybody is much better looking than when your in the poor areas
Physically of course
It's just rich people make better decisions
Physically of course
It's just rich people make better decisions
Its more having money makes you better looking rather than rich people making better decisions.
(Although because they tend to have better education, that is also true in many cases)
I'm not even talking about plastic surgery or anything of the sort. The simple things like being able to fix teeth, afording a proper diet, regular trips to hair and beauty salons / barber or proper fitting (better quality) clothing make a huge impact in one's appearance.
(Although because they tend to have better education, that is also true in many cases)
I'm not even talking about plastic surgery or anything of the sort. The simple things like being able to fix teeth, afording a proper diet, regular trips to hair and beauty salons / barber or proper fitting (better quality) clothing make a huge impact in one's appearance.
First staff meeting, as a college instructor, one of the female instructors stated in front of everyone:
"Well aren't you a handsome specimen."
I dare say though, I've not really gained advantage from such.
I didn't really like being centered out like that.
"Well aren't you a handsome specimen."
I dare say though, I've not really gained advantage from such.
I didn't really like being centered out like that.
Affording a proper diet wtf those are decisions they choose to eat like shit I'm not talking about thirld world poor I'm talking about 500$ a month food card poor people that make bad decision go look in thier carts hobos and dingdongs mountain dew
It would be cheaper to buy rice potatoes and vegetable
Also I never see people walking around or running in the ghetto or lower class areas there at home doing nothing rich areas people walk ride run
It would be cheaper to buy rice potatoes and vegetable
Also I never see people walking around or running in the ghetto or lower class areas there at home doing nothing rich areas people walk ride run
Yes, looking better is an advantage.
Different realities ours. If most our population spent 500$ a month in food most of them would have very little left for everything else, considering our minimum wage is about 850 usd. By proper diet (and because around here people actually cook almost all their meals) it can be the simple diference of buying food of a decent brand instead of a sodium packed alternative generic or buying fresh produce instead of frozen or canned versions of the same thing...
Also we have no "ghettos" where i live and you do see people running around or using bycicles even in the lower class areas, because it is safe at any time of the day to do so the only diference is the quality of the bycicles. (although the bycicle part it kind of depends on the zone, because we do have some seriously steep hills).
Also we have no "ghettos" where i live and you do see people running around or using bycicles even in the lower class areas, because it is safe at any time of the day to do so the only diference is the quality of the bycicles. (although the bycicle part it kind of depends on the zone, because we do have some seriously steep hills).
Is this an analogy for something else? I'm not quite sure what this is doing in P&L if you're actually just talking about attractiveness.
Plenty of wealthy obesed people. Some of them are in the health field or are personal trainers. Just LimpD being LimpD.
When I was in my prime I would work out 6 days a week 4 hours a day. Cardio about 2 hours and the gym 2 hours or 2 gym sessions in 1 day.
I still work out several times a week and run occasionally. I still outperform most that are about 15 years younger than me (35).
I know plenty of people in the hood, who works out or take up boxing and get some cardio in.
This is an American (Western) problem, regardless what walk of life you come from. Obesity is quite common.
Cook and grow your own food....
When I was in my prime I would work out 6 days a week 4 hours a day. Cardio about 2 hours and the gym 2 hours or 2 gym sessions in 1 day.
I still work out several times a week and run occasionally. I still outperform most that are about 15 years younger than me (35).
I know plenty of people in the hood, who works out or take up boxing and get some cardio in.
This is an American (Western) problem, regardless what walk of life you come from. Obesity is quite common.
Cook and grow your own food....
It's more of a southern problem from what ive seen.
There isn't really a incentive to be fit in Louisiana or Alabama.
Especially with all the leftist nonsense these days everything is backwards.
Fat is beautiful. Men can be women. Etc etc.
We're not building people up to be great anymore.
It's not going to change until the mentality changes.
There isn't really a incentive to be fit in Louisiana or Alabama.
Especially with all the leftist nonsense these days everything is backwards.
Fat is beautiful. Men can be women. Etc etc.
We're not building people up to be great anymore.
It's not going to change until the mentality changes.
If Republicans lose those 2 Senate seats in Georgia, the country will become a libtard hellhole.
The Donald may not be able to save it after 4 years of ugly.
(Finally, thread is derailed in the proper direction. You're welcome, sin.)
The Donald may not be able to save it after 4 years of ugly.
(Finally, thread is derailed in the proper direction. You're welcome, sin.)
Come to Detroit I should say michigan in general might as well be michilen people ,I can see more obesity in the north because who wants to go outside in 20f weather
Isn't there alot of people from the south in Michigan?
Youre not wrong though. Funny thing about cold environments is the body will actually work harder to maintain core temperature by increasing brown fat.
Youre not wrong though. Funny thing about cold environments is the body will actually work harder to maintain core temperature by increasing brown fat.
Absolutely. It effects the way people treat you and by extension your self worth and confidence resulting it poorer outcomes throughout life.
That's my opinion anyway.
That's my opinion anyway.
People in Michigan aren't fat because of the cold
There is a reason a little hustle goes so far here
Just saying
There is a reason a little hustle goes so far here
Just saying