Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Looking for a Coder/Web Dev

Started by Meisme123 [2577822] on in API Development.

13 replies · 354 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
21
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
73 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Meisme123 [2577822]
Heyyyy so I had an idea. I had quite a good idea. But don't know how to code a website. I'm not looking for some wordpress bs, I'm looking for something a bit more serious. If you do wish to take this up, I'm looking for someone who knows how to use API, and whatever languages you need to make a website xD.

Hosting: Slightly complicated situation, but I will provide this

Payment: Even more complicated, but on project completion, you will be granted assets. Yeah, complicated, but like, should be well worth it. Should be very well worth the time.

Msg me for questions/details/concerns/interest.
Fr00t [2518990]
I suggest you post a bit more about expectations and what this requires. Most coders here are busy with their own projects
Meisme123 [2577822]
The person needs API knowledge, able to make graphs, api login system, transactions between external accounts. I think that's about it? Also ig knowin how to actually make the website xD
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
You should let us know your problem, not your solution. Often there is an easier to way, is what I noticed with requests on Torn.
Meisme123 [2577822]
I'm not looking for a solution, as I don't have a problem. I'm looking for a creation. It's smth new, there is no easier way. I've explained it to the coders who have come my way in pms.
petrutz32 [2564330]
So a person that has plenty of bounties for scamming on their head wants a programmer to code him something that he won't explain and he just promises the payment is worth it. This is most probably a scam.
Meisme123 [2577822]
Holy f**k. I don't want to debate this right here. Mary is a f**king asshole, and although I never scammed anyone, and have literally shut down my perfectly legitimate bank because of her getting me permahosped, she continues to be a bitch and bounty me. Why the bloody hell does everyone have to assume everything I do is a scam when I NEVER SCAMMED ANYONE IN MY ENTIRE TIME IN TORN. I have a project that I would really like to try, but I don't have coding expertise for it. That's why I'm looking for someone.
petrutz32 [2564330]
The thing that made me think this post is not legit are not the bounties that was more of a confirmation. You are asking for a programmer with no specific requirements (nobody knows what you ask because you don't explain it), and then you say the payment is complicated but worth it (wich is another word for someone will do the work for me and I won't pay them).

Also you say you don't have the coding expertise yet you corrected Fr00t and you said you don't have a problem and don't want a solution. Well the thing you want made is "the problem" and the website / platform you described you want is "a solution". The reason people ask what the problem is, is because almost all the time there is a simple way of implementing it.
Mynell [2616352]
This seems like another post where someone has a great idea but basically lacks every other skill. If you really think your idea is golden, learn some stuff and try it out. Later you can get a coder to help with further development. Or else it seems like you've got this unique idea and youre going to profit from it the most and the people who actually do the work should hope for a payment. Almost sounds like real life ;) But usually people don't like this approach, hence the discussion in this topic.
Maybe im totally wrong in what I'm saying, but its just the idea I'm getting while reading this.
Meisme123 [2577822]
I'm almost completely in agreement. I thought of an amazing idea, I lack all skills to make it happen lmfao. Only difference from what you said is that the programmer and myself will profit equally. Noice analysis :P
Strasmore [2048312]
Dude when you want a website you should think of all the said feature cause you might want to hire a team.
What API? Torn API?
What features do you want to have?
Also what language/framework?
Will you store data in a data base?
And yes you are vague as hell. Nobody can understand the level of your project if you are so damn cryptic lol
Arizona [2628236]
Rofl. & how to you pay your team? Torn cash or bank transfer? Is this allowed? If it is legally allowed, i may consider some help with my website. To fix translation option.