This is not the first time in the last few weeks or possibly longer, but when attempting to purchase 5.56mm rifle round and typing 1000 into the text box, all that appears is 000. I am then receiving an error message as follows "Only valid numbers or shortcuts allowed". After further testing it makes no difference what quantity I attempt to enter into the text box I always get the same resulting error message and walk out of the ammo shop empty handed. Hitting any numerical key on my keyboard inserts a zero into the text box and from there you've got no hope, but to give up and walk off in disgust, swearing under your breath at the gun shop owner Big Al and threatening to return with a full clip to teach him a lesson. He'd better hope I can't buy Armalite ammunition anywhere. You call this customer service? I'll make it look like an accident
Cannot purchase ammo
Started by Atlan [1723477] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
If you’re on mobile it’s likely autocorrecting to the 100 emoji. Therefore inputting not valid number or character.
Thank you, but I am on my laptop, and was when it first happened as well. Just now attempted it on mobile and although behaving differently the end result was the same and I left the store empty handed. Whilst attempting to type 1800 into the text box the 8 becomes a 0 before I could even think of continuing.
Make a bug report in Bugs and issues forum and staff will take a look.
If ur money on hand is 0, any input number for ammo will change to 000 immediately.
no free ammo for ya
no free ammo for ya
It wont change to 000 though, it will just change to 0 will it not?
Moving this to bugs and issues.
yes u can get the 000 display
just set ur money on hand at 0.
that 000 actually works like this:
any non-zero number will reduce to 0, and any 0 input will normally follow, with two digit max.
so 100, 1000, 1800, 10000 will all change to 000
so no bug here, just bring enough money when u do shopping )
just set ur money on hand at 0.
that 000 actually works like this:
any non-zero number will reduce to 0, and any 0 input will normally follow, with two digit max.
so 100, 1000, 1800, 10000 will all change to 000
so no bug here, just bring enough money when u do shopping )
Can you provide a screen recording of the issue happening on Laptop please?
I'd have done so very happily and will do should it happen again, but I just logged in now and my first attempt was successful. Seems as though Big Al has dodged a bullet, for now at least. Bizarre. I did nothing different and this time it worked as intended. Thank you to all who responded with advice and suggestions.
Closing the report. Please file a new report if it happens again. Thanks..!!