Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Group Chats

Started by Buhtfaic [1890958] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 25 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
32 / 100
Buhtfaic [1890958]
I'm sure this isn't a first time suggestion for group chats, and certainly not the last time someone will think of it either. But group chats would be a great addition to Torn. a group chat being able to consist of 4-5 players max would be a lot of fun amongst groups of friends on here. I have friends inside and out of the faction I'm in, and there are friends that we all know each other. Being able to create a group chat for all of us would be fantastic, and Torn as a whole would definitely benefit from this feature IMO. Right now, there's some work arounds for "group chats," namely working in the same company, or being in the same faction, but the flexibility and privacy that a group chat would offer is great and I'm sure would be appreciated amongst Torn users.
Borg1of1 [2283190]
Got to say I agree. I have been combing through the forums looking for any definitive answer from development why there isn't a group chat but have yet to find one. From a faction management perspective, I could see a group chat being useful when wanting to confer with just leadership about faction events or other faction planning related activities. Not everything said is meant for public consumption as we are just planning or sounding things out with our leadership team. Having an ability to set up a group chat would be a "nice to have" as there are work arounds. Like @Buhtfaic mention and others like going out of game using Discord or Slack. But I think it would be better to have in-game so that people do not need to install yet another app or sign up for yet another service.