Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Thief

Started by Choco180 [2127595] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 2.61k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

AFC [1820453] ×1 jade-the-fade [2067339] ×1

Choco180 [2127595]
Not you usualtype of vault thief, but one all the same.

A new member had been in the faction for 3 days, and when I clicked to set his position, it seems a now confirmed bug set him as co then leader (I thought I had gave him co by accident then it upgraded him to leader when I clicked the position again).

The bottom member of my faction list, regardless of which position I select, it automatically gives him co, then lead.

AFC [1820453] Took advantage in the short time he was lead and stole 180m, plus the same again approx in drugs and points. (We managed to get several billion out before he had logged). It cost a further $400m to regain faction as wasnt getting anywhere with devs.

Had he simply handed it back, I was going to give him $500m for being honest.

Since then though CloudJumper went above and beyond to help, and confirm it as a bug.

No idea if I will be reinbursed, but to be known as a faction thief for less than $1b is poor stuff.

At least make it worth your while

Mentions: AFC [1820453]

Aaassh [2546369]
if it was a bug then the items would probably be returned so he got outed for practically nothing.

but honestly, in his shoes and situation, i doubt many would resist.
-Shady [2467229]
Unless we're talking about godly amounts of money, i still wouldn't do it tbh.

No money amount is ever worth all the hate, bounties and respect lost due to being a scumbag.

There are alot of ways to make quick bank the honest way so why be an asshole and ruin your own game experience.

I got scammed for 70m once bc i trusted someone, took it and ran off with my pocket change lol.
Personally i dont get those people, like its not that youre gonna enjoy that money very long with all the bounties and hate incoming.
TheDevilsBigToe [2204723]
So, who's multi is he?
2541 days old. Very little in the way of attacks, no flying, but over 7k job points used and no networth to show for it? Where's he funneling the funds to?
I think this multi may have outed himself.

And the spouse,
Jade-the-fade [2067339] stats are very similar. No flying, few attacks, but 5k job points used.

And, their networth graph crosses iver where funds have changed hands. Pair of multis I'd guess.

Mentions: jade-the-fade [2067339]

ThePureOne [2203165]
It would make sense for them to just give you back the stuff you had, I mean at best he was just abusing a bug. So he shouldn’t be able to keep that stuff.
Lat [1187876]
If a confirmed bug put him in a position to have access to funds he normally shouldn’t, then it should be reversed and he should be fedded for taking advantage of a system error.
Thia [1974492]
Now I would not say trust anyone, you got bit on that one, make sure you log the bug and make it an official record. It would need to be investigated and if there is wider exploitation/loophole then this can be looked into too.
Choco180 [2127595]
Dont worry, we are great on who to trust in faction with banking.

It was reported and confirmed as a bug, when I set member as healer position, it gave them co lead instead, and when I set again thinking I had made a mistake all within the space of 4 seconds, it made them leader.

The bug report shows I click on one position amd it gives a lead position.
Beerstein [1322136]
He shouldn't be punished as scamming is allowed in torn and he had no way of knowing it was a bug as opposed to a mistake by the leader. I mean sure he's clearly a dislikeable asshole, but that's all he is.
Lat [1187876]
I dunno, someone messages me “hey you were made L because of a bug, here’s the confirmed bug report link” and you pilfer what you can then I’d say that’s abuse.
Vrocks [2577848]
I don't know if this falls within the bug bounty program, But if you ask bogie you might get rewarded handsomely since they offer good rewards for reporting severe game breaking bugs. To me this looks like a serious bug that could've caused some serious issues if it went unreported, So kudos to you for reporting it.
Choco180 [2127595]
How do you prevent an undiscovered bug.

Change members position in faction to give then access to drug armoury. Game gives them leadership instead of the one you selected