Hello! The levels can be completed in several ways. The main condition is the input and output should be connected by garland pieces. Cross-block behaves like a combination of two straight blocks. Thanks!
Makes sense. The pieces that fit to the edge are technically ok, except that the 4-way connector in row 2 is not attached to anything. In OP's example connecting to the edge does not leave anything unconnected. (Ah...I'm repeating what Sectory said. NVM.)
as long as a piece is not touching an open side it will count as connected, the borders of the game do not count as open sides, but if it is a piece not on a border square it must connect to something, in OP's example it was a border piece connecting to the outside edge, so long as that is the case it will count as correct
Although I understand that this works logically, it does call into question the overall design of the puzzle. Since every edge piece is potentially an I/O connector, why bother with the I/O graphics? It would be better, I think, if the I/O graphics were a logical component, and not just decoration.