Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Optimizing your time in torn

Started by PROFY [2215152] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 223 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
PROFY [2215152]
I'm just going straight to the point, I suck at optimizing my time for pretty much everything in torn. I often just take a xanax on top of my natural energy then proceed to waste it at the gym on a random stat then go travel and come back with hours of lost natural energy refill in between. I also haven't done a happy jump in ages even though I have everything I need to do one. Managing real life with torn time is also hard for me, anyone has any tips to optimize your gains in torns? Doesn't have to be anything specific, general tips would be immensely helpful. If you have any routines that you would like to share then please do.
SirEdge [2609907]
This makes good sense. I like the notifications from the Torn Phone App or Torn Tools using Kiwi on Android, which do the same thing, just without me having to set it.

We should suggest to the maker of Torn Tools an optional red warning when the player goes to confirm usage of a happy boosting item when within a specified number of minutes of the next happy reset. Ditto with energy boosts that would push you over the cap when the player could train the remaining energy (not go off for 5 energy when the player is on 10 energy gyms, etc). Because yeah, for a while, I was doing happy boosts and training right after waking up, and too often I didn't check the time because I still wasn't fully awake. At least once I confused my next happy reset with my next energy tick.
UV1 [1980155]
You could make it into your daily routine. Wake up, train, take a xanax and train again, do crimes + jail busts, also check if there's any missions you have to do, fill some bloodbags. Take 1-2 flights and then take your next xanax, do more crimes, go on more flights after that. Then take my final xanax at night. I also make sure I've used up 24 hours of booster cooldown on something like beer, and also make sure I've used up enough med cooldown. I do this and still get a solid 8 hours sleep, and also good cash from flying (i usually manage 4 uk/swiss trips in a day since they are short enough to not leak energy). Also don't forget to enter a race before you sleep.
T1000 [2525093]
I am exrenly active in my job IRL so I just fly to far away countries.. And when I have time Maybe in the evening... I gym, attack etc etc.
P00CH [2170094]
Play at your own pace, it is a game after all..
I used to set alarms/timers etc but life changes decreased my

I do have a set routine for the morning though..

Train e... refill.... train
Use empty bloodbags.. do arson crimes..(swapping crime if I get a red)
Take xanax... train..
Do leslie's wheel
Check item market/bazaar (if I have time)
Depending on work schedule I'll either fly or set race..

I was never that bothered about losing e on long flights as the majority of mine were SA flights where I'd use my e for mugging (I had a list of regular xan runners)
I was still able to keep up with faction training requirements but also make some decent cash in the process

But yes I occasionally waste drug cd/ energy at full not used etc due to sleep or work or just being too busy irl, it doesnt worry me as I dont organise my life around the game more the game around my life..