please grave this
About this thread
Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 27
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 40 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sepulchrave [2092631]
· 3 likes ·
My tip is to stop worrying about it - this is a crime game, not a sunday school picnic. Having enemies is part of the joy of Torn. Furthermore, until you've been tested in a genuine hate-filled bounty war, you … - Nicotine [2440291]
· 2 likes ·
In my experience, simply just not being a dick works like a charm. Don't get me wrong but I suspect there is more to your frequent hospital stays than an odd chain hit... You can always get a friend/enemy reveal … - Shindig [865748] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Graved as requested, thanks.
fly away
full stop
Edit:
Ok here's the answer you were probably looking for lol:
1. You're L15 already, so you've unlocked travelling. Fly somewhere with long flight times (e.g. China, Japan, South Africa) and fly back. Try not to stay in the same place for too long. Basically circle around and do some plushie cum flower runs, cuz the plane's the safest place to be in Torn :)
2. Don't piss people off! Posted anything in the forums that got downvoted? Check who downvoted, and shut up in forums for a while. Put any bounties on anyone lately? Chances are, they used a reveal and got your name.
3. Last thing to note, whatever you do, don't scam/cheat/whine. Nobody likes that.
Before you become one of the big boys, just shut up and fly.
full stop
Edit:
Ok here's the answer you were probably looking for lol:
1. You're L15 already, so you've unlocked travelling. Fly somewhere with long flight times (e.g. China, Japan, South Africa) and fly back. Try not to stay in the same place for too long. Basically circle around and do some plushie cum flower runs, cuz the plane's the safest place to be in Torn :)
2. Don't piss people off! Posted anything in the forums that got downvoted? Check who downvoted, and shut up in forums for a while. Put any bounties on anyone lately? Chances are, they used a reveal and got your name.
3. Last thing to note, whatever you do, don't scam/cheat/whine. Nobody likes that.
Before you become one of the big boys, just shut up and fly.
Definitely fly a lot. You can try to put merits into stealth, and use weapons such as a macana to help increase stealthing your targets. If stealthed = hard to trace the attack back to you.
But being in the hospital doesn’t halt your game play. You can still train, do crimes etc. Don’t Med until you need to train/crime. Usually said person will get bored and move on with their lives.
And if you get repeatedly attacked by someone, and you know the name.. try talking to them and see if you can rectify the situation. These would be the more.. easy/peaceful approaches.
But being in the hospital doesn’t halt your game play. You can still train, do crimes etc. Don’t Med until you need to train/crime. Usually said person will get bored and move on with their lives.
And if you get repeatedly attacked by someone, and you know the name.. try talking to them and see if you can rectify the situation. These would be the more.. easy/peaceful approaches.
In my experience, simply just not being a dick works like a charm. Don't get me wrong but I suspect there is more to your frequent hospital stays than an odd chain hit...
You can always get a friend/enemy reveal and try to figure it out though.
You can always get a friend/enemy reveal and try to figure it out though.
Thanks, I'll try and speak to them if I find out who it is.
I'll go for inactive players only for a while
I'll go for inactive players only for a while
I typically stick to inactives, to avoid backlash and I succeed in my attacks more so. Avoid conflict as best as possible, keep a low profile and you should be just fine. And definitely work your flying. Helps for travel merits, items bought abroad merits, etc. Good luck!
I do try to actively not be a dick even in games but I must have annoyed someone.
Thanks for the enemy reveal tip. I'll look into it if they keep at it, I didn't know about that.
Thanks for the enemy reveal tip. I'll look into it if they keep at it, I didn't know about that.
Could be cheaper to just ask one of your faction mates to initiate an attack on you whenever you expect to be hosped, so the mysterious attacker will show up in their logs (as assist).
Getting stronger directly correlates with less people being able to f**k with you. Forget them and train train train. Joining a strong faction will also deter people from f**king you as any decent faction will be putting out retaliations frequently regardless of chains etc.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate the effort.
I'll definitely start flying more, I max my nerve since it's low still but better than wasting all my money on meds
I'll definitely start flying more, I max my nerve since it's low still but better than wasting all my money on meds
Thanks, I though it would mainly be just training more and keeping my head down but good to get other ideas.
You being hospitalised a few times recently could also be as a result of the 3 bounties you received..
In which, at the same time I noticed that you had placed alot more bounties than you have received.. You could be selling bounties, but who knows..
In which, at the same time I noticed that you had placed alot more bounties than you have received.. You could be selling bounties, but who knows..
My tip is to stop worrying about it - this is a crime game, not a sunday school picnic. Having enemies is part of the joy of Torn.
Furthermore, until you've been tested in a genuine hate-filled bounty war, you have no idea whether or not you belong here. Imagine placidly building a docile character for five years, then accidentally pissing someone off and realizing that you can't begin to play the game under pressure. It isn't worth it. Get in some scraps, give and take some bounties, play the real Torn.
Furthermore, until you've been tested in a genuine hate-filled bounty war, you have no idea whether or not you belong here. Imagine placidly building a docile character for five years, then accidentally pissing someone off and realizing that you can't begin to play the game under pressure. It isn't worth it. Get in some scraps, give and take some bounties, play the real Torn.
I got 5 more after the 3 bounties.
It could be the bounties I set though, I did them anon but didn't know people can still find out who it was.
No more of that I guess.
It could be the bounties I set though, I did them anon but didn't know people can still find out who it was.
No more of that I guess.
Man, I dunno. Being a sarcastic dick has worked wonders for me. Maybe it's the sarcasm?
...no sarcasm in the post. Figured I should mention that.
...no sarcasm in the post. Figured I should mention that.
why would you hit anyone for? juat use your e to train in the gym. keep yourself low profile.
Best answer yet and the one I probable needed most.
Thanks you're totally right I need to accept it as part of the game and learn to enjoy the challenge
Thanks you're totally right I need to accept it as part of the game and learn to enjoy the challenge
I like to try the game and attacking is just part of it.
Also the missions need you to attack people and it seems to level you quicker. This might also be part of the problem for me but I don't know.
Also the missions need you to attack people and it seems to level you quicker. This might also be part of the problem for me but I don't know.
Simplest thing is not to downvote any of the strong players in the Forums. I downvoted one person and got 10 bounties worth 400K each.
Except the trolls. Downvote the trolls.
Except the trolls. Downvote the trolls.
Thanks for all the suggestions but I'm going to let this thread die now as it seems to be making it worse.
I now have another bounty and 3 enemies.
Hopefully they get bored soon.
I now have another bounty and 3 enemies.
Hopefully they get bored soon.