Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Addiction Mitigation

Started by Pushblood [856836] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 121 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Pushblood [856836] ×1

Pushblood [856836]

The new Merit perk "Addiction Mitigation" does not seem to reduce the negative effects of addiction in regards to employee negative Addiction effects but I'm not sure if that's part of the perk. Yesterday I checked my addiction negativity rating with my company and it was -12. I then added 36 merits to the perk and waited one day and checked the addiction threshold today and the negativity rating hasn't changed. Just a heads up, Happy New year!
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You have taken 3 xanax since yesterday's report, if the debuff has remained the same it kinda proves the point that you were able to take more drugs while maintaining same level of Addiction due to the upgrades, unless your Addiction debuff has shot up by a lot in today's report?
Pushblood [856836]
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Merit Perk does. Yesterday job addiction was -12, and I added the Merits (-16% or 36 merits) and took some xaxax 2 maybe, then checked job addiction today and it was -13. And I just took another xanax and it's at -13. I thought it would reduce the job addiction by roughly 16% is what I'm saying. Sorry for being a pain :(
LunarControl [1947498]
My understanding is that Addiction Mitigation reduces the effects of Drugs when you take them. This means that it will not reduce existing negative effects but instead reduce effects when you take more drugs.

For example, I would normally have to rehab once a week but with Addiction Mitigation I only have to rehab every other week (for example) because the Xanax had a reduced impact on my effectiveness.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The employee effectiveness is only calculated once per day alongside the Company report at around 6 PM TCT. You took 3 xanax between the report of the 5th Jan and 6th Jan:
06-01-2021 09:15:33Pushblood used some Xanax gaining 250 energy and 75 happiness
06-01-2021 02:59:07Pushblood used some Xanax gaining 250 energy and 75 happiness
05-01-2021 18:42:02Pushblood used some Xanax gaining 250 energy and 75 happiness
If your debuff showed -12% on 5th and -13% on 6th, that is more than enough proof that the addiction mitigation is working fine. You gain way more than -1% debuff for 3 whole xanax worth of addiction. You have taken 2 xanax since yesterday's report, you will notice the debuff jump to be much higher today, since the perk benefits kicked in yesterday.

Also, the post above my reply here is incorrect. The Addiction mitigation is a passive perk it works on your current level of addiction. Much like popping a vicodin bumps up your battle stats passives. I have whipped up a chart to explain it better below. Please do note that these are NOT the actual values, these are just something some imaginary numbers to explain the concept. The effectiveness debuff is directly linked to your current Effective Addiction. Merits suppress the Addiction level passively and hence makes the debuff appear at the same level for higher number of xanax. Basically, the green squares show what you ended up doing due to upgrading your perk. If it weren't for the perks, it would have been like Orange square for you on 6th Jan.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Thanks..!!

Mentions: Pushblood [856836]