Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

It's over

Started by S-I-N [2066961] on in Politics & Law.

4 replies · 78 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
9 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
S-I-N [2066961]
Congress has officially certified Joe Biden's victory 306-232. Trump has no path to victory, and after his failed coup, the Republican party has a lot of rebranding to do. Other than Rep Lamb almost getting into a fight, the process went smoothly and all the Republicans votes failed rather easily.
Trump announced, "the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th." Will the Republican party be able to survive this? There were enough of them that were willing to support this, and I have a hard time believing that they'll just go back to complaining about the deficit after Trump is gone.
Trump repeatedly refused to deploy the DC National Guard, and eventually Pence made the call to send them in. That, at least to me, is evidence enough that its time to invoke the 25th Amendment and get Trump out of power. If he was willing to withhold aide from Congress and allow these terrorists to attack and occupy the Capitol, who knows what types of havoc he will wreak in his final days in office.
Sannemander [2088627]
Well, the first step would be to kick Trump out of the party, and rebuild from there. Surely some others would have to leave to make them trustworthy again.

If you told me 4 years ago there would be a point I'll trust Pence over Trump to lead I would have laughed in your face, yet here we are....
MachineGunSteve [184119]
It isn't as easy as just invoking the 25th. All the POTUS has to do is respond and the whole thing turns into a three ring circus.

The best course of action is for someone to approach Trump and make him a deal. The deal should be simple: Shut the f**k up. Leave peacefully. Cause no more harm. Go away quietly... and no federal charges will be brought against you (I know I am contradicting myself from another post, but I have given it more thought). He could and probably will be brought up on state charges for his other stupid activities anyway.

Trump is a moron, but he understands deals.

Put a rat like Trump in a corner, and expect him to try to bite.
PsykoAktive [2607164]
It's time for trump supporters to create a new part and rip the spineless GOP in half! Without trump supporters the GOP will lose everything and will be begging for trump supporters to come back