164 replies · 4.5k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:165 / 165 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
165
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Mysteria[276863]
· 43 likes · Ok so I don't plan on doing a back and forth argument with stoned or anyone I don't like crap going in the forums so this will be my only post. Stoned bought in for 2.4b (15%) a little over …
RyuFive[1635537]Reporter
· 35 likes · you deserve 15% of the current evaluation of the faction, nothing more nothing less
ChillySpunc[1905415]
· 32 likes · Mysteria is far from shady, Stoner made a deal to own 15% of the faction and run it, he was handed a faction with territory owned by SA. During his time as leader he didn't arrange any chains or generate …
The above conversation started off with just a question from me, asking if my 15% stake in SP shouldn't be worth more than the 2.4b i initially invested. What followed though was a lengthy argument, with Mysteria claiming that i did nothing as leader for months...
#6 HoF in revives as a faction, with multiple community-wide freevive events DURING THE SAME PERIOD OF TIME, such as:
Started off with 11 members and little hope of success, to become a powerhouse HoF revive faction after little more than a year, and my personal revive ranking is currently around #70...
Don't care who you are...that's a pretty f**king amazing feat for someone who "literally did nothing".
But everyone is entitled to their opinions, and seeing as how i was so clearly unfit to lead Surgical Precision...my last official act was to send the following newsletter:
Tried keeping quiet about all this, but TheBigChenzo felt the need to threaten members after i left, in order to keep them from talking shit. He forgot to threaten me though...
Consider this a learning opportunity Chenzo.
Update: Have now been kicked by HeLa for causing problems, given that Mysteria is a leader within SA family. I suppose the wise thing to do would have just been to keep quiet and let it blow over, right?
Nah if you own 15% then you own 15%.. that's literally how stock works.. you put money into something and that money grows. Or you know something like WLT happens but...
I guess you could just bite the bullet and take the L, knowing the person is shady, and that you could have just as well lost investment if faction went the other way.
I took a sec to word this better below, in response to ChillySpunc.
Mysteria has done an excellent job running OP. Its purely fantasy if you think youve done anything to affect the big picture of SP. because I would have come over to you guys and took your shit and raided SP for flaming me on the forums if Midknight and Mysteria weren't protecting SP.
Protection goes a long way in this game, I have never had the ability to enjoy it. If you understood how factions work youd understand SP is mainly successful because they are sponsored by SA and OP.
I think what you fail to add, regardless of conversation you still get your 15% after you disagreed and said you wanted 15%. So it ends up being:
"Heres your money, but I don't think you deserve it"
"OMG IM BEING SCAMMED!" is a misinterpretation of the truth.
Also, I don't think Mysteria ever questioned or would have questioned your initial building of original Surgical Precision.
"But everyone is entitled to their opinions, and seeing as how i was so clearly unfit to lead Surgical Precision" - What I hear from within the faction and from members is you wanted out... Not her pushing you out. Assuming, this is in relation to the Brutal_Thug and other countless rivals you wish to pick up on your forum fueled wars, I doubt Mysteria ever uttered those words to you. Please post proof if she did. I imagine it was "Tone it down".
Consistent public issues and building of rivalries which affect your members and cause them to leave is when you have let your ego grow larger than you and more important than your faction. Enemies is never good for business.
However, in my eyes, two people invest in a business. You invest 15% and correct me if I'm wrong, but 15% cost should come to you also, whether it he via labour or financial? You have not incurred such a cost since the purchase of your stake. The acquiring of the territories being one of those.
It's not a stock, it's a faction and or business. (Depending on how you wish to view the function of revive factions.)
This isn't a good look mate. If it is to do with your forums shenanigans, this further proves her point don't you think?
Mysteria is far from shady, Stoner made a deal to own 15% of the faction and run it, he was handed a faction with territory owned by SA. During his time as leader he didn't arrange any chains or generate any money through contracts. He sat by and allowed the faction to stagnate and when he saw the faction sinking he decided to cash out.
Myst made a fair offer to buy him out for what he paid which I think is generous since the faction was full of inactive and had only gained respect through SA territory.
I'd also like to add that Myst went the extra mile to accommodate Stoner, they are genuinely a good person who will give anyone a chance no matter who they are. Stoner has simply taken advantage of an easy ride and is upset now he's not getting his own way.
When I bought the old ID III faction fully i paid off based on the current 1b per 100k respect not on a pre decided, but judging from the conversation sounds like you and mysteria pre-decided on the value of your last chat date and not the faction trade date?
I should clarify that I mean if my POV was that of the person I disagreed with, that's the best course of action. Obviously OP thinks they were done wrong, and without being a mind reader, who knows what either party expected. Best choice is to just move on and make note that you don't want to do business between them anymore.
Hope that clears things up. Cause I don't know anything about either party beyond a vague post. Everyone now knows to be very specific about what a % stake yields.
I donated xanax, points, meds, etc while serving as leader, so saying i didn't cover costs is incorrect, if not intentionally misleading..
And yes, Mysteria agreed to pay the additional profit on my share ONLY after arguing for way too long that it wasn't deserved, and then only after i suggested taking it to the community for a vote. My mail to the faction was sent BEFORE the agreement to pay more than the 2.4b, and I'd be happy to prove that except that mysteria was in the process of deleting her comments as i was typing out the newsie.
My arguments with other players had no bearing on the growth of the faction, and certainly not on the worth of my 15%. The faction grew steadily despite all that, both in HoF rankings as well as overall productivity of the revivers, and all threats had been mitigated prior to this discussion - because i paid out of pocket to have others intervene...so a moot point.