Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mutiny: bogie

Started by Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor on in Graveyard.

63 replies · 1.18k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 64 / 64 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
64
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Anyone remember the old bogie? The answerer of all, literally the wikipedia of Torn? Yeah....

You went to the questions and answers forums and you asked a question, and you got a good answer from who? bogie.... He was literally the torn wikipedia before the wikipedia existed.... He was the most helpful and possibly one of the most knowledgeable people in the entire game....

But...

That bogie is gone. He is CM now so screw everyone right?

Now we are left with the most massive power trip torn has ever seen. Not even Joe can compete with this one.

I institute, knowing full well i will probably end up (wrongly) in federal jail...

I institute mutiny against bogie.

Enough is enough dude. You either support us or you GTFO. You're supposed to be our voice dude, wtf is wrong with you.

And before you fed me, just reflect back, to a time which players like us actually cared to help. We used to dominate the questions forum.... You were a big influence. I don't see why you insist on being a dick now. You used to be one the of the most helpful players in all of torn. Now your just simply a dick. Think about that for a second.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Thanks dude, needed that today, appreciate the support.

I give up a lot to work for the betterment of Torn, but I appreciate that you're upset that an extremely racist and discriminatory friend of yours was banned recently as a result of their own actions. This is my real life job, which I rely on to feed my family, and my children, to ruin that would just be moronic, but it seems you're more interested in allowing toxicity to thrive in this game whilst looking through an extremely narrow window, whereas remember that I am always looking at the bigger picture, and often able to see a lot more behind the scenes.

I love this game and all the people within it, you're welcome to your opinion not to like me of course and that's fine, but everything I ever do is backed up according to the game rules and guidelines, often to a fault.

Thanks, but I'm not going anywhere - I have absolutely no desire to back down to the slew of abuse that some of the most disgusting human beings insist on throwing at me, last year that included death threats mailed to my home IRL, photos of myself and my family sent to me with abusive comments, and just general hatred towards being banned or warned in an online game.

Insisting that I just exist as someone who should just sit and answer helper questions all day is an absurd oversimplication of the requirements of this job, I still do that of course, and I ensure that the operations of the game as a whole can continue to run smoothly, working closely alongside Ched and the developers to pass on as many of your concerns as possible. I don't take days off, I am here every day to ensure that everyone here can continue to play Torn in a safe and fair environment.

Remember the human, remember this is a game.
Ahab [1735214]
He's made loads of amazingly bs decisions since being cm and then there is the question of should a straight up puritan who thinks suck a dick is highly sexual language that any form of swearing is a mortal sin, that acab and eat the rich are calls to violence while his staff can't even decide if this is actionable while he as a community manger spends his day calling out players* while getting paid should actually be in the position he is.

*People who have been banned for cheating shouldn't then be getting called out by the cm months after their ban is over just for voicing opinions especially when threads calling out staff normally just get insta graved and locked.

Mentions: DickLauren in Fed?

Cristen [1479036]
This 100%. I was not the same person on staff as I am as a player either. I may have been unpaid but it didn't change the fact I applied and was hired for a job. I literally treated my staff duties the same way I do managing my store. Including how I interacted with the players. You do what you can for the customer (players) but you still have to go by company standards.

This isn't to say I think Dek's fed is right or wrong. I personally don't agree with it. This is simply stating that bogie pre CM shouldn't be the one we have now. He is paid a salary to do the job he was hired for. We've butted heads but I've also seen him do some great things for the community too. He's never going to make everyone in this game happy and I don't envy him the bullshit he has to deal with.
fannybaws [2088888]
Nobody in any job should be subject to violence(or threat of), intimidation, hatred, discrimination...

At the mere wiff of any of it fed they should go.
FidelCashflow [1993550]
Threaten to cancel your subs! And get your subs to cancel their subs too! It saved MK from injustice before. Maybe it'll save Dek from injustice today.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I ran out of breath just reading this, is a full stop occasionally too much to ask for?

Anyway, I don't recall saying anywhere that I have ever agreed with all of bogie's decisions - I mean I'm pretty publicly on the record against most of the "big" ones. Not really relevant though since my post is purely pertaining to people making absolute tits of themselves defending one of the most disgusting players this game has had to offer.

It has swung back and forth between funny and sad a few times, watching you all bend over backwards to contort the case into something justifiable to defend him over, but I think it's finally finding equilibrium on the pathetic side..
Malgarth [2308239]
You won’t be fedded for this post, as it doesn’t break any rules. Criticism is not feddable, be it founded or not.
Besides, I doubt he cares about the opinions of individuals who have been brainwashed by the fedded players.

Tl;dr: Bogie is bae, you’re wrong about him.
python [1009878]
Sorry to hear that :( you are doing great job fyi, the only ones who don't like it are the ones implicated with the rule breaking,

Should ban those who think what was said is acceptable as they clearly don't have the capacity to interpret the rules themselves
Ahab [1735214]
Not posted once in that thread or have any thoughts on dek being banned apart from I can't laugh at him for his constant fail mugs anymore
Arizona [2628236]
How can a game be involved in real life, up to the extend of being blackmail in real life? I’m concerned more on the fact that some people know your address.
im sure you ain’t a fool to reveal your address on virtuality, more over you mentioned you have wife and kids (family).


I’m getting concern, as I’m new and I didn’t start well with some
(maybe one or two), start to be verbally abusive with their words towards me. Is our data stored in the game, or is somehow our data are leaked?
Ahab [1735214]
This is just being online, don't be a dumbass and give away your whole personal life to random f**k heads on the internet while connecting all your accounts together and plastering photos of yourself all over the place.
ZOMB13 [1795241]
Bogie is the only CM that has been equal across the board with how he deals with things. There's been plenty of decisions that I've disagreed with but above all he is consistent with how he deals with everyone and that's the best we can ask for really. No favouritism or any other bullshit politics, he's just doing his job.
ChillySpunc [1905415]
I'll never get over how much of a playground Torn truly is, one group of people kissing one arse, another kissing another and everyone just forgets that somewhere there is actually an arsehole and when it comes down to dealing with the arsehole they're all tied up in the dirty shit they are too scared to call out the arse they've been kissing.
ElChapo [2157516]
In all fairness - Pre CM Bogie was always gonna be different to the CM one we got now - as he has stated, the paid salary is something he relies on to support his family.

With the line of work I'm involved in, I have a good laugh and to mess about on the job, but when I have to put my foot down, I have to put it down - lives are on the line. Not saying that's what bogie is doing / facing, but I'm only doing what I need to do, and likewise so is he

Also:

"Thanks, but I'm not going anywhere - I have absolutely no desire to back down to the slew of abuse that some of the most disgusting human beings insist on throwing at me, last year that included death threats mailed to my home IRL, photos of myself and my family sent to me with abusive comments, and just general hatred towards being banned or warned in an online game."

^ is this ok?
Satan [612696]
I was going to set you stright. But it appears bogie already did. Shame on you for attacking the biggest contributor to the community.