Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Inagural address

Started by MachineGunSteve [184119] on in Politics & Law.

38 replies · 220 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MachineGunSteve [184119]
Pointless rhetoric...

Except it wasn't pointless.

Biden did great. He sounded and looked genuinely presidential. That does not mean he will do well as POTUS, but it does mean that he got a good start.

Pence and Mcconnell deserve credit for stepping up and doing their duty.
Wind [444051]
I’m just glad I don’t have to hear anymore crap from Drumpf supporters about how “Biden isn’t going to be president, just wait and see! Blah blah blah Supreme Court will stop him blah blah blah.”

Its finally over. MAGAts have lost. Now we can work on healing the nation and undoing the damage of the Trump presidency.
Fistyboy [1733255]
It says a lot about the times that former VP pence doing what has been done for over 100 years and basically what was expected of him wins him praise.

Nevertheless, he stepped up the last few days and won my respect for trying to fill the power gap, still essentially doing his job though.
sin [771805]
Basically, you're trying to sweep all the damage you have done to the nation, under the rug.

A pair of Nike shoes are trending more on Twitter from this inauguration coverage, than Biden getting sworn in..
MachineGunSteve [184119]
I have to be very honest here. If the last four years have done anything, it has solidified my complete contempt for social media.

So if something is "trending" on anything, all that does is send me in the opposite direction. (Not that I would know, unless someone points it out.)

Just saying.
ZickyJackz [497258]
She doesn't want to heal the nation lol Her words are as hollow as her husband's love for her. assuming she could find someone to tolerate her lol


Nah, I'm sure both sides don't want to "heal". Biden's words are about the same as Trumps were. And the left didn't care, I don't see the right giving a shit.

The left just better pray there isn't a civil war. The right has all the guns, and most of the armed forces are right wing.
ZickyJackz [497258]
The media is going to stay lodged up Trumps ass for awhile. They made him into this giant left wing boogie man. He's ratings gold for them.
sin [771805]
People seem to be more worried about coming to social media (twitter) to bash Trump, than too congratulate Biden & Harris..

It's like Political Bipolar idk wtf..

"unity, heal the nation, no f**k you GOP terrorist!, you need shot!, we are all americans, i love you all"
Arizona [2628236]
The fact trump administrator does not have wars for that 4 years says a lot. Trump should be applaud for. He is not entirely bad but of course more bad than good. Plus poor pence but he did his job.
angrysc0tsman12 [1099272]
Speaking from experience, most of the armed forces are not right wing at all and are very apolitical. Taking an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign AND domestic is not something one takes lightly. The vast majority would do the right thing and follow the orders of the President of the United States.
Limpd [789073]
So what will be so much better now? Besides you guys that only care about name calling,what will be better because in the last four year I've never made more money than I have now,and everyone I know has been steady working,
And do you know how many tweets I read in my lifetime? 0 I don't have a Twitter account of course I have seen twits but don't look so you guys say now we can't see trumps tweets, you didn't have to you know it's like sports which I think are the biggest waste, I don't watch them,EVER

Would I want to silence sports people from making stupid comments? No