Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[7R+] Busting Out options

Started by dark95 [2321537] on in Suggestions.

18 replies · 151 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
29
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

dark95 [2321537]
Anyone else ever wondered why you have options to turn revives off, but not able to turn off being busted out from Jail?

How often did you try to finish the duke mission and got bailed out numerous times before being able to use the Felovax or Zylkene?
Or as a new player, how often did you try to self-jail to use the Jail Gym and were unable to because you'd be busted out in seconds?

I also believe plenty of traders or people that need a safer place than Torn city, would find this setting useful!

It's just odd that you have an option for Hospital, and not one for Jail.


Here's how it would look like on settings:
[image: i.imgur.com]
RobberHood [2361494]
I saw this suggested before but if I remember it rightly, Ched didn't like it.

"Honest citizens?!" He cried, "I shall not hear of such nonsense." Summink like that.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
It’s already been established that this is not happening. You already have people staying safe by self hosping. Don’t need another crutch like that.


What they could do is add some exp penalty for getting caught while busting. That would make people more secure in jail.
But not turning it off, that’s just another bitch mode plays waiting to happen.
dark95 [2321537]
Revivers are not complaining either for not being able to revive people. Also not everyone will turn off busts so wouldnt be a big deal. There will be plenty to bust out aswell.
dark95 [2321537]
what major difference would it make?

It is legit same thing as going to hosp and not going out till you get out on your own if turned off!
CreatorX [2234054]
As good as you may think the idea is, allow me to explain some of the problems with this implemented:

Busting and Bailing merits, which are already considered marathon like merits, would be considerably much harder to get. While you could argue that "the same can be said for revives being turned off", let it be known that at any second of the day there are THOUSANDS of players in hospital, and that includes overseas hospital as well - whereas we are lucky to even see more than 100 of players in jail as it is

As it stands, the easiest way to get in jail with not so risky CE loss is to attempt to bust the player with a combination of the longest jail time, highest level, and crime-related factors. That being said, it would be much harder to end up in jail if those jail players had their busts/bails turned off

There are more, but I think they are well understood already (muggers vs traders debate etc)
Cthulhu [1616063]
I do tend to agree with this. If we were sitting on many pages of people in jail.. then it wouldn't be so bad.
I won't rate this either way, just thought I'd share my opinion.
We will see who else agrees/disagrees.
dark95 [2321537]
I want people to be revived so I can kill/mug them but they have the ability to turn their revives off.

#DoubleStandards
CurrencyTrader [2129257]
If the great Ched wanted to implement this we may also see some change to the nerfed jail break system. Maybe we could go back to something as good or even better than it was 12 years ago. I actually do not know when it was messed up but do remember being able to JB well and enjoyed doing that back then. We should also get lucky at JB higher levels as random chances, maybe the guards are sleeping or distracted while the CCTV system isn't working.

We could do a lot but won't see it. I am still waiting for more promised coming soon updates but all we see are nerfed updates. Maybe it is for some greater good though. I know...and no I'm not complaining. I just think a lot is possible or doable though could be expecting too much. I remember the good old days of many being in prison...maybe we can make this happen with Crimes 2 point O without severely impacting CE for some safer but not safest crimes.
Andyman [471591]
I'd be open to this if it came with the ability for two users in jail to mug one another while in jail.
byrod [1132772]
With comparing revives to busts, you actually talk about two different mechanics.

Revives need to be unlocked via a job special first, while busts come with a risk at increased jail time. There is also a limit for doing busts in bulks, so it's like comparing apples with oranges (or bananas with pineapples,...).

In general, I am with what some others already stated: busts are already limited enough, especially for players with only a little crime/bust experience. Don't make it harder for them as it's already is.

Kind regards,
Byrod