Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

High-Low Merit

Started by ACtheKiller [2506298] on in Tutorials & Guides.

4 replies · 494 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
ACtheKiller [2506298]
I just discovered this merit and did a few calculations. I've started playing High-Low a bit in the casino now to try my luck.

https://ibb.co/LvqLrDJ

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/710083942660702290/806427906356150304/unknown.png

Feel free to try your luck and get this merit yourself - you're welcome.
And by the way if any of you do spot errors in my calculations, please let me know.

EDIT: sorry I'm not really sure how to add images in here, just try paste those links into your browser and it should work.
yanchoy [2625349]
You forgot to consider the following:

1. There are 4 card suits. So drawing a 2 when you've been provided by a 2 beforehand is not a win (not a lose neither).
So the probability of actually winning with a 2 is 48/52 (92%) and not 12/12 (100%)

2. Your chance of winning increases every after turn until the deck reshuffles.

3. Naming predefined function/equation/formula you used, if there's any. Or if you defined them yourself, define the variables of your formula. So in case your work needs to be improved, other people will be able to help you. Also for readability. Like how did you come up with 700 times from 0.1417%? (Though shouldn't it be 0.1428572%?)
ACtheKiller [2506298]
The thing is, you're technically correct, winning with a 2 is not 100% chance, I thought about this too after I wrote it up. But if you get the same number that the dealer had (e.g. 2 and 2), it's neither a win nor lose, nothing happens so it's essentially like that turn didn't happen. So I just ignored that in my calculation.

I didn't know about (2), I thought it reshuffles after every turn so this won't matter.

Also for the final result, it's rounded, I'm not sure maybe I got slightly off but with my working I got that 1/0.001417... is about 705 times that you need to play to win.

Thanks a lot for the advice/corrections anyway.