Hey everyone,
As I fly more I find myself wishing the option to fly to another destination without having to go home (back to TORN) first.
To have certain connecting flights in some countries if not all. Maybe even add some places and the only way to there is by a connecting flight,
Eg. Add brizil and from there you can fly to S.A, but you can't fly to S A from torn any more, maybe your private plane doesn't have enough gas and has to stop for gas, But Business class can fly anywhere.
Wonder if any of you have wished the same?
Congrats! its about time you posted this! I was going to do it, but its your idea so I didn't want to ;-) +R from me
What about energy and nerve regeneration? Long time ago I thought over such possibilities but udont wanna loose all natural regeneration never landing to spend it. Further, it would mean u have to be able to take up to 29 objects PER country, which implicates lots of changes... I'm not convinced :)
Actually, multiple hops would help people reduce how much nerve / energy they bleed compared to individual long trips.
I agree something would have to be figured out regarding how many items could be imported.
Some similar suggestions:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16205144&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=21106642 - Individual additional flight legs, limited by refuel
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16201661&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=21080494 - multiple hop trips and allow items to be shipped from remote locations to handle item limit
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16200292&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=21023594 Multiple hops, but only for commerical flights
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16188250&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20818716 Adding additional hobs based on fuel and ability to buy fuel
Okay, I went down a rabbit hole, so I'm going to stop there. Enjoy.
Mentions:
Flight Excursions · Some Ideas I Have Regarding Travelling · TPS Goods and Services; IE: Shipping items abroad · Travelling Overseas
E can be used by attacking people! I'm not 100% but im thinking Crimes 2.0 will have crimes abroad
I think anyway of alleviating the mind numbing ennui of flying must have some merit, Id love to be able to set up an import agent in a destination that would send me goods as long as I visited them every so often.
Make it something that cannot be bought, something that has to be ground out with lots of effort (similar to hunting in SA but with an actual point)
That way the big fish can't just buy the merits needed for it.
How about there be a trade center at connecting flights so people can trade their 29 item (or whatever ones limit is) there and fly back while the other guy fly's back to Torn to drop off supplies ;-), to get some more team work happening!
I like what you are thinking- I would also like to see more teamwork in regular play- it feels like chains are a relay race type of effort and walls are a true team effort. But other than that, a lot of functionality isn't interactive, depending on your mates to coordinate efforts, etc.
Safety deposit boxes So if your partner is late you can leave it there, but "as part of crimes 2.0" someone can break into the box and steal your shit
R- both because I still think having all flights depart from torn first is fine and also because you're proposing a nerf to PI owners which would drastically increase flight times.
i really appreciate everyones input, thank you. Ill find some time tonight to edit my post.
Cheers
There would be no Nerf to P.Is everything would be the same as far as regular flights go, Only connecting flights that would be added into the already existing travel would be affected as they are connecting flights, So the reason the personal fights stop there is to get gas the fight times would not change and it would still be a lot faster than a regular flight, the business class ticket on the other hand would have an extra bonus as they would not have to stop at connecting flight paths, I think her example using S.A was just that, an example.
Perhaps the connecting flights would be within the countries of pre existing flights, So you have to fly to Africa in order to fly within Africa and than those places could have bus terminals!
The OP literally mentioned adding Brazil and then cutting off SA as a direct flight for private planes (which means PI owners), but business class tickets (eg. WLT and BCT travellers) could still go direct.
If that's not a nerf then I don't know what is.
Why not let the OP reflect and comment on their idea instead of you trying to defend a fellow faction member's/your spouse's suggestion?
Let's face it your main objective is to cut flying times in half .
Yes she did, but it also says "Example", Im sue it was an example of connecting flights, the name of the destinations are irrelevant.
also the whole point in discussing it is to improve the idea, so that's what's going on here in the comments!