Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

need advice

Started by RKD [2654534] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 371 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

RKD [2654534]
I got no idea where to post this so ill just post it in general

So what happened is I recently went BIG
I smoked some motherf**kers out at holdem and I got 3 mil cash on me
Im HUGE right now cause nobody except new players can attack me and my money is safe

But the clock is ticking and I need somewhere to safely store my cash cuz a couple of motherf**kers are already threatening me and putting bounties on my head
I already got my piggy bank from the mission guy and I broke it already
I regret doing that but its no longer an option

Yeah I can store my cash in my faction..
But its very inconvenient for my faction members, as I withdraw and deposit my cash multiple times a day on and off

I need advice on where to put my money so I can withdraw or deposit at any time

I was thinking of just buying Xanax as a placeholder for money?
whenever I need cash I sell the Xan and when I wanna deposit I just buy one?

Is this a good strategy? idk
goore [2580873]
ghost trades. start a trade with someone, put your money in it. adjust the amount to get money whenever you want. you just have to refresh it every 6 hour cause it will expire by then. though this requires that you trust the person you are doing the trade with, since they can cancel and mug you for the money.
hikiko [2623898]
Xanax is good idea
Points is a good idea

If you're going this route make sure you unlock blood bags from biology, so you can self hospitalize, so you won't be buy mugged.

There's also other forums of protection, I'd look at Baldrs guide


https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0
IndyCision [2597200]
You can also buy any items from the item market which cost close to their sell price (not their value in the graph) and then just sell them to the relevant shops when you want that money. Such as cars which are easily obtained from crimes and sell in the market for the same (sometimes less) than the docks price - just make sure you are comparing the market price with the "Sell" and not "Value" numbers :)
Armysqueaky [2567758]
Aight enuf shit posting hamster guide
3m ain't alot at most 400k is stolen but always remember this

Put em in a gt
Get self hospitalisation blood bag
Get a bazaar
Sell ur placeholders like xanax or points(pls put in market before self hosp lol I wasted 1m in blood bags cuz I'm a phaking dumb ass)
Might lose some money using this method but try and put xanax slightly over market value to match blood bag cost
RKD [2654534]
ok so thanks for the advice im gonna go either with xanax or points

anyone knows which of the two sells faster?
I also heard xanax price is volatile sometimes is that true?
Xorn [2618662]
Both of them are volatile, but id suggest you go with points. Less volatile, and you can easily sell to pawnshop for 45k each.

I'd recommend you buy points with prices below 45.5k simply because its easy to re-sell back at that same price in market or if you need a quickie can sell it in pawnshop for the price I said above. You 'loss' a lot lesser (only $500 per points max) than buying&selling xanax
BarefootBilly [2224161]
Many cars can be bought at the item market for the same price you can sell them back to the docks. Honda Accord, Holden SS, Toyota MR2, Honda NSX, Corvette, Firebird, Charger, BMW Z8 & Ford GT40.
AirQuotes [2302761]
Yeah, points can be sold at the pawn shop instant and anonymous. Lose about 2% doing this. I like points.

You can also cycle small sales of stocks so you'll have checks waiting for you. You can buy stocks from hospital or from in the air which is nice. But points are nice.