Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Detective Agencies

Started by JohnnyTits [1388698] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 539 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
65
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

JohnnyTits [1388698]
So Torn; the 'gangsters paradise' of online games has created a user role of Narc.
Damn.
I know this isn't an all in rpg but the organizing principle has been to appeal to the felonious nature of players hasn't it? Or has Chedburn been a schizophrenic all this time?
I think not. The gangster angle is deliberate and you all find it appealing. It's a good organizing principle right. So arresting players for playing... kind of a dick move. I respect it. It's authentic. Players gotta play: Haters gotta hate.
So what I'm asking is... Do we 'criminal' players give them a pass or do we push back against these authoritarian types in our imaginary game world? It seems that type of play is designed to draw the ire of traditional Torn players and we are missing out if we don't take advantage of what the developers have offered up. I propose an unofficial classification of Narc for those who pursue the antithesis of a traditional Torn persona.
But of course this game is a consensus, it all goes according to everyone's input. This has been my 2 cents. Let's hear yours
JohnnyTits [1388698]
BTW for those not in the know I refer to Detective Agencies. They arrest you for past crimes. Like stealing jackets, selling CDs, political assassinations. You know, fun stuff
Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor
If you don’t want to get arrested every now and then fail a crime or fail a bust and you will no longer flag up as having a high bounty.

You tend to rack up a high bounty when doing safe crimes so the occasional bust that lands you in jail can help with that - you will be in jail for a much shorter time as a result.
Zeke [449597]
dont do the crime, unless ur up for the time ><

All yall have to ask yourself after i arrest you is "was it worth it to break the law"?
L4suicide [15699]
But why?

You lose more from self jailing than you do from being arrested. And you remove $$$ from the pockets of the honest DAs out there.

I for one will be arresting JohnnyTits every week from now on for tarnishing our good name
Patient [2131539]
Just to clarify on this, it's landing in jail that clears the bounty. Simply failing a bust or a crime has no effect on your bounty unless you actually end up in jail.

To OP, jail is no different than the hospital. Pay someone for a bust or use an LBC. An arrest is just a mug where the victim doesn't lose money. Would you be making this post if he mugged you for the same amount as the bounty instead?
JohnnyTits [1388698]
So the consensus is "Bend over right away. It only hurts a little while"
Ho Lee shit. I didn't know it was THAT kind of role playing. I think you are on the wrong site.
JohnnyTits [1388698]
Ok the delaying landing and generally f ing with someone's day is perversely enjoyable. But what I was thinking was that the players here want to play as someone other than their boring selves. Trolling me is what you all want to do on this game site? You can do that anywhere. It's boring and basic. You're wasting an opportunity. Be gangster. Lazily keyboarding your unqualified contempt for trying to take advantage of a fairly unique platform doesn't confer any thing that you should feel good about, quite the opposite. We already have trolling characters (DUDE) but they have character. Get some character, be a character. Have fun. Just trolling is lame if you can't do it in style.
And yeah, the criminal lowlife angle of Torn drew me in in the first place. Am I really alone in buying into Torn's advertised identity? Am I the only romantic (or theatre major) in the whole game!? Can I get an amen? Anybody? :-/