Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API Screen

Started by SirEdge [2609907] on in API Development.

2 replies · 112 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
SirEdge [2609907]
I was just watching requests scroll past on the API screen and I was wishing the number for the current minute was displayed. Do any of you have a good way of telling how many requests are happening per minute during your API access testing? I'm trying to get my script dialed in to the right delay between requests and I'm not really getting a feel for how close to max I am getting- I am worried the delay is too long at present, but dialing it up increases my risk of hitting the limit, which I am trying to not do. It would be nice to test without hitting the limit.
AquaRegia [1551111]
I add the current timestamp to an array for every request, and occasionally loop through and remove the ones older than 60 seconds. So to check the number of requests I've done the past minute I just check the length of the array.
SirEdge [2609907]
That sounds really effective for a single script, but I use TornTools, so often my issues come when my homegrown tool runs at the same time as I am playing. Thus why I am watching the API screen.