Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

OD Rates???

Started by TheShaumbrian [1866537] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 188 views · thread synced · 18 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
TheShaumbrian [1866537]
Anyone else notice that the ID ratio seems to have been upped? Last year I could go a month or more between overdosing and now the last 2 ish months I've been overdosing like every 7-10 days. It's getting ridiculous. My faction can't even manage to chain because of how many ocerdose or don't wanna take anything because they don't wanna overdose. Like, I don't even use the max I could. All last year I was taking two xanax a day, no issues. ODed maybe once every 4-5 weeks. Anyone else or did I just miss the update?

Sidenote, a friend of mine ODed literally 5 days in a row. I didn't even think that was possible. Seems off to me.
damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor
Absolutely is RNG. Just because something is low chance doesn't make it impossible, and with a large enough sample size, will most likely eventually happen. There's a post like this about how "x changed probability" once a month and it's always suspicion from confirmation bias taht turns out to be RNG.

I recommend the book:

"Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its Consequences."

And I apologize, because that title makes it seem like I'm throwing shade which I promise I'm not. I recommend it because it has a chapter addressing this exact type of situation. It changed my views on probability and is a great read.

Lance0 [2298087]
I mean some woman got a 10^12 odds in craps, which is that, except 10x in a row.

Although correcting the selection bias isn't as massive here in Torn, it's still reasonable to say RNG
Ninja [1021493]
I’m going to leave this here from a post I made on another thread a couple of weeks back.

My highest % was 3.83, I’m now down to 3.58% I thinkpeople above this % have the right to feel aggrievedwhen they OD

I’ve had 3 in a row twice, 4 in 5 days once and 5 in 7days once.

Edit: I’ve checked your personal stats, you’re barely over 2% OD rate. So suck it up.
Ninja [1021493]
There have been people who have OD’d on their first two drugs, but completely RNG so they may have had 100 used afterwards without an OD.

OD’s suck and do get annoying, but the risk factor has to be there otherwise the gap between drug users and drug free would be even bigger.