Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Torn thriving?

Started by Malgarth [2308239] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 393 views · thread synced · 16 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
58
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Malgarth [2308239]
From the current graphic one would be hard-pressed not to conclude that indeed, Torn is thriving:

[image: i.ibb.co]

From a developers perspective, yes their prized game is thriving, and surely behind the scenes this would allow them to implement changes to the hardware that encase the game, but what does the general populus of Torn define as "thriving"?

Would it be the implementation of Crimes 2.0?
Surely not as this is simply one, relatively small part of the game.

Would it be changes in the warring system that would allow the measurement of their factions power, and enable them to carve their rightful place in the hights of HOF?

Would it be the addition or refinement of a mechanic that in your perspective receives far too little love?
If so, I would love to hear your thoughts and inputs as to what aspects of this gem of a game should be polished in order to make it shine even more.
Fleggers [2059361]
Random idea, but what about faction based missions? These missions could be things such as achieve a 1000 hit chain, train 100k E, take a territory in a higher level sector, take a certain amount of drugs etc.

These missions would need to be timed (duration depends on the mission). The faction leader would have to start it and get everyone to work together to finish the mission.

Rewards for completing the missions could be anything from respect, money, or items. Difficulty of the missions and rewards depend on how much respect your factions holds.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
I think as long Torn enforce the rules they make fairly and ensure the game isn't p2w or p2e (pay to enjoy), people will still play.
I played a game where multi accounts and exchange accounts were legal.
I played the game where doxxing someone in global chat (where the developer was chatting too) was ignored.
I played a game where you either had to pay USD 100k/week or make 100 multies to be able to compete.

None of them can keep large player base for very long. I used to think "Oh just make more accounts than others then" when I played those games. But then I had new job n new life and I understood why people left those games. Because in the end of the day like most people we have rl we must live in. Spouse we must please, job we must do, and fam we must take care of.

Torn is so flexible. Yes this is coming from me a person with higher activity than most. At first I feel guilty waking up with full energy bar, but then I understand it doesn't really matter because Torn is a very long term game. I will not die and need to restart if I am late for few hours. So now I am very chill. N i can see why Torn player base is huge for a very old game.

And yeah Torn is the first place I feel no one can get away easy if they ever harass or doxx me.
tanj [1419469]
The amount of time they are taking for the crime update....I am sure even my grandchildren will be waiting for this one

But have no fear...we are still thriving as we getting the weekly grammar updates...hell yeah!!!