Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Auto mug?

Started by Curio [645429] on in Bugs & Issues.

74 replies · 1.93k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 75 / 75 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
75
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Curio [645429]
the lag from torn severs to my IP address is so long. that as soon as my page updates from travel page to torn page. I am mugged...

https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=82dbe62947b17883cd813e382d4ae1ff


I have also noticed that it take approx 10 secs once i click the item page before the item i want to use is available...

not using a vpn
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The mug happened 13 seconds after you landed, I have seen legit overseas mug happen within 2-3 secs of landing. The attacker can spend quite a few minutes refreshing the attack page up until the very second you land.

We haven't received any other reports of the site being slow, are you certain it is not your own network connection that is being slow?
_SCOFIELD_ [1441750]
my internet is pretty fast too here in Singapore, but many a times I click on start attack and i get the loading dots... I have to refresh the page to make my first hit and soon as i click on my weapon I again get those loading dots... the only way for me to be able to make a second hit is to refresh the page... Torn has been very slow lately for me...
Even sometimes on race page, I click on join a race and it just keeps loading... I have to fresh page again and again for every step..
Link- [2411345]
Recently, taking items (xans) and attacking have become slower as well, sometimes the mug button takes ~3s to load, hits during an attack also has the loading animation loading for longer periods of time, same with xans and cans.

Ive also read a bug report a while back that the mug button now takes longer to load, im guessing its still ongoing? Ched nerfing mugging as well?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
If you're actually waiting for the page to reload upon arrival of a travel destination, that sounds like the timer has gone out of sync, perhaps due to your browser or computer. It's fallen behind by 10 seconds so your actual arrival was 10 seconds prior to the load.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
All's fine on my end, I see no slowness at all and everything's working great. Everything should be faster than it's ever been before - so I don't really have anything to go on there as I'm unable to replicate.
shinado87 [2209838]
Try this one? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-capture-screenshot/ggaabchcecdbomdcnbahdfddfikjmphe

I do experience slowness from time to time but right now I'm unable to replicate it.
JayBragga [1874267]
I have noticed, when I run multiple tabs sometimes when I click a different tab my whole information side acts like its loading. Which takes a refresh for it to fix. Exactly as Edit2 suggests on shinado87's post. download speed is 120mbs and upload is 10mbs on Chrome.
_SCOFIELD_ [1441750]
I love how easy it is for Ched to just everytime say "I don't experience slowness so that can only mean that every 10s of thousands of players who play Torn have shitty internet"

Instead of giving lame excuses why don't you actually ever do the right thing and fix the problem?
Curio [645429]
I run a single Tab for Torn. When I try running 2 or 3...it's super laggy

I am running a Windows 10 Home on a HP Pavilion Laptop. 2.2GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, on an Ethernet CAT 6 cable to ATT U-verse broadband cable...

Not knowing where Cloudfare proxy servers are to ping them. Then do a ping from Cloudfare to Torn...

There is a lag is the system somewhere...
Spliffy [315389]
Hi Ched,

As Link- has mentioned, the game as it is is far from reliably being called fast, never mind faster than it ever has been.

On my bug report thread i've been documenting exceptionally slow attacks. Sure, some attacks are very fast (Example) but then compare it to this (Example 2)

I have fast internet, i'm not playing torn on a potato and it's not slow user input either, so it definitely points to something on Torn's end.

Mentions: Delay on mug button

Lat [1187876]
Can also confirm slow mugs/attacks. 4-5 seconds after a slow attack to generate a mug info. On mobile it just shows the refresh bar a few seconds.
KingLion [1477459]
i've noticed it slow too, but i think it might be torn tools slowing shit down. I uninstalled torn tools and torn seems to be working way smoother, try it out and see if u still get a mug delay i haven't so far got any mug delay having torn tools uninstalled.
Bulbasaur [2490721]
can confirm here too. usually some of my attacks was stuck in the loading page and i need to refresh it just to attack again. it happens in the slot machine too. the machine just keeps on spinning and i had to refresh every time it does that.
Armysqueaky [2567758]
Well my site has been slow
My network speed is ngl Very fast can load other website like fandom and others faster then torn