297 replies · 25.2k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:298 / 298 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
298
Discussion span
→
Authority score
79 / 100
Historical score
62 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 50 likes · If Proxima is unavailable for any reasons also I'm happy to help answer any questions here, thanks!
PhoenixAsh[1875477]Wiki Contributor
· 8 likes · My previous application can be found here. I would like to update/apply again since it has been a year. According to Glandem and her Touch Grass Ratio (TGR), I have spent roughly 10% of my daily time on Torn over …
Lat[1187876]
· 31 likes · I’d be interested in helping out here. Super active, always available. Made a point of getting involved in as many areas of the game as possible and building a solid knowledge of most aspects of torn. Have a fairly large …
This is a fresh post because Harley has stepped down in his role as Wiki Editor - myself and Helcostr have taken up the mantle instead. Helcostr is much more on the technical side rather than admin, so if you have any inquiries please direct them to me! (via my mailbox, please!)
Applications are open for those who wish to contribute on the wiki team. The Wiki is intended to serve as a tutorial for players that may be unfamiliar with a certain aspect of Torn - not as a detailed walk-through or cheat-sheet; this kind of content is for Tutorials & Guides. As an example, a page on the Wiki may explain what "Level Experience" is, while a Guide may state "attack <X player> for lots of Level Experience!". Please keep this in mind if you intend to apply!
A Wiki Contributor may edit outdated information, improve clarity on poorly-written topics and even generate brand new content. All of this requires at least a moderate understanding of game mechanics, but more importantly the motivation to keep up with how the game may change over time!
There are no time dedication requirements, but if you happen to go inactive or are not contributing at all, you may be removed from the team simply to keep permissions tight (same with how the "Reporter" role position works).
If you think you fit these requirements and have an interest in helping out other players, then this could the position for you! Please post an application below in this thread. You may also mail me if you need to, but please make sure you post any application here first. Just a small paragraph about why you believe you'd be well suited to the role will do! If you're considered, I will follow up with a mail or a chat.
I could help perhaps. I’ve memorised the wiki, I think there’s a wealth of information that could be added and could potentially devote some time to it.
Good luck anyway, hope to see it beefed up somewhat in the near future (not that Harley hasn’t done a fantastic job!)
_Reddington[2644164] · #4
I'll love to be of help to new players, I know how it feels to really need it
Figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. I know I'm a new player. But because of that I'm. Learning things too. Iv learnt some things that even senior players havnt in my quest for figuring out how.the he'll torn works. Lol. I can't claim to be a master at anything. But I learn stuff fairly quick.id be interested in the position if its available.
I would be interested in helping. I’ve played this game for many years now and know quite a bit about torn. I feel I would be a contributing member and I’ve very active with torn. Thanks
Have plenty time on my hands. Enjoy reading the forums. Like assisting where I can. Enjoy analyzing and improving where I can. Project Manager in RL, so I have the skill set.
I believe I would be a good Wiki Editor because I'm pretty much obsessed with this game, have a lot of spare time on my hands. enjoy helping out new players, and I'm a good writer! :)
I’d be interested in helping out here. Super active, always available. Made a point of getting involved in as many areas of the game as possible and building a solid knowledge of most aspects of torn. Have a fairly large number of folks who approach me for info as it is, and always happy to help.
Considered applying for both committee and staff on last few app periods but decided it would influence my gameplay too much to follow through, this would allow some game helping without compromising my play style.
applying again! i could fix the typos i find myself. also i promise to use capital letters on the wiki, even if i never do on the forums
DrVoid[2608187] · #12
I would like to apply for the contributor seat. Wiki has helped me to a great deal, when I was still learning (still learning though). But some parts of it can be changed a bit more. Not to make it a guide, but to make people actively search wiki rather than 'Tutorials' section.
I like this game a lot and actively learning new things everyday. And as a new player, I would think that I would be able to decipher which areas need to be improved. Because a wiki is mostly useful for new players rather than old players.
I hope I can work to add a new-player perspective to the wiki.
All the best for every applicant. Have a nice day.
I'd like to apply as well. I fell as the Wiki is made (primarily) for new players, I can help editing it in a new-player friendly way (being one myself).
Of course techniques like Happy-Jumping are restricted to T&G, I feel some info towards how much freedom the player actually has is lacking in the wiki.
I also feel that a great deal of info about the competitions are lacking and must be added to drive away confusion.
I would like to part of the Wiki editor team and contribute with new updates that Ched gives us from time to time. I have talked to Harley before that I am interested in helping out. I use Wiki almost daily and I would be happy to contribute and form its future. If I am not considered this time I am happy to help out another time when the opportunity arise again.
I'm happy to apply! I missed the comitee application and I think this could be a way to help the community. I played for a long time and that could be of some use.
Edit: I promise to do the job from my desktop, where I have all the grammarly tools. xD
Very interested in joining the team. I am very active, and looking for more things to do on Torn. Most of the questions I ever had were not on the wiki and are very technical. I think it would be good to make sure all that information is available (especially since I have seen it asked by people on the forums recently).
I use the Wiki page daily, and always use it for reference. I spend quite a bit of time on the site tbf. I would say I’m fairly knowledgeable of the game, and I try to help out everywhere that I can. I’m very active and available, perks of having zero life! I typically have about 3 tabs of the wiki ready to go :D.
I enjoy helping other players, especially if I was able to do so for the Wiki too.
If not considered, that’s completely okay. Figured I’d shoot my shot. :)
I am very active, knowledgable and would love to help out with some of the outdated information on the wiki and help younger and older players to get the right information.
I keep up with the announcements, Q&A forums and bug reports for the gems that Chedburn gives us there.
Therefore updating with new finds/clarifications from bug reports and announcements would be what I would focus on as a contributor.
I'm interested in contributing to the wiki. I believe I meet the requirements. I'll admit, I'm relatively new as compared to others in this thread, I'd be lying if I said I know it all. Regardless of that, I see this as a way to give back what this game and this community has provided me with.
I'm not experienced in every part of the game (EDIT: I'm holding at lv 12 so travel-related info is mostly what I wouldn't know about much) but I'd be able to help with the grammatical aspect, as well as writing/editing content in pages with more basic information and any new updates that I could read about directly as they come out. Especially with more major changes where there's a lot of information to include and update at once, I think I could contribute to the team.