Looking into getting my wife and I both a PC and I know nothing about them. Don't need any thing fancy. Something budget affordable. Was wondering what you all recommend? I'm not a PC gamer it'd literally only be for TORN and torn tools etc..
PC suggestions ?
Started by Curlyhurley [2572024] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
What do you call budget affordable?
What country?
What country?
Ah good question didn't even think about that. 150-250 U.S $ I'm in united states
Probably best just going on eBay or Facebook marketplace or something with that budget. I prefer recommending Ryzen APU systems to low budget people, as the integrated graphics tend to be a bit stronger, but they're less common on the second hand market, so most likely just go intel unless you see system with a 2400g or 3200g or something like that. Try and get one with at least 8 GB of RAM, you can upgrade RAM if needed but a lot of the second hand systems will be DDR3 rather than DDR4. In terms of CPU, there's a lot to consider. Generally more recent generation is better, but sometimes you're better going back a generation or two if it means you get more cores and threads.
Most will have an old, crappy HDD, so I'd leave $50 of your budget for adding an SSD to use as your boot drive.
Most will have an old, crappy HDD, so I'd leave $50 of your budget for adding an SSD to use as your boot drive.
Thats good information. I keep hearing more n more its a lot to process lol I'm 100% opposite of computer savvy. But ill update this post when I do find a PC I like in my budget and let everyone know what I went with. Until then I'm open to new suggestions, advice or any tips or info
Honestly, I would try double the budget to get anything remotely decent.
At the range you suggested you can pretty much only look for second hand junk or plain junk.
At the range you suggested you can pretty much only look for second hand junk or plain junk.
Yes, but where I live there were a few at my wal mart in the price range I posted so I was thinking a used one for that price would be better than a generic one for that price
AMD Cpu are the most affordable, you don't need a real GPU card so an integrated one would be sufficient. The first comment was a pretty good advice.
Idk US prices but if you found some built-in configurations at this price, these are certainly office pcs. And this is what you need because you're not a gamer.
Try to find sth with a small ssd instead of hdd especially if you don't have to store pics or videos. It's really pleasant to turn on the pc and boot in few secs.
Idk US prices but if you found some built-in configurations at this price, these are certainly office pcs. And this is what you need because you're not a gamer.
Try to find sth with a small ssd instead of hdd especially if you don't have to store pics or videos. It's really pleasant to turn on the pc and boot in few secs.
Get a ex office pc..they can be decent Spec wise for little money..good for the basics like you need
You dont have to buy a new pc/laptop.
My laptop which i 'retired' it still works but i just got another cheap pc to replace it.
My laptop i bought in 2007 its fine for basic web browsing. Im currently using a pc from 2009. It too is fine more than fine in fact!
You do not have to spend much money at all to do basic things.
You can spend £10-20 and get a great computer for web browsing, playing browser games, watching youtube videos etc.
My laptop which i 'retired' it still works but i just got another cheap pc to replace it.
My laptop i bought in 2007 its fine for basic web browsing. Im currently using a pc from 2009. It too is fine more than fine in fact!
You do not have to spend much money at all to do basic things.
You can spend £10-20 and get a great computer for web browsing, playing browser games, watching youtube videos etc.
chromebook obviously
A raspberry pi 4 8gb could work for you. That would only run you about $160 in the US. After buying the SD card for it.
Look at NewEgg refurbished or new, very affordable
Here in Portland we have places like Free Geek that sells affordable tech. You can find their website online to maybe helo you to do a search for your local area.
Anything with 8 gigs of RAM and a decent CPU should be enough, however I highly recommend getting an SSD too, even if it's a small one (256GB or so) - putting Windows on an SSD makes your whole PC faster, and you can store files on a (cheaper) HDD if needed. Technically you could also visit a place that sells computers near you and see what they have to say.