Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

VALHEIM

Started by Dushane [2606365] on in Gaming.

34 replies · 312 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
35
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Dushane [2606365]
does anyone play valheim is it worth the buy

UPDATE I ENDED UP BUYING AND I CAN SAY IT IS WORTH THE BUY
Serpentine [2039234]
I've been playing Valheim solo and I've gotta say it's been a blast. As far as early access games go, this is one of the best I've ever seen. I've put 37 hours into it so far and have taken down two bosses, and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface.

If you have any doubts or questions, or just want to check it out, click my twitch in my profile sig! I've been streaming it every day :D
Dushane [2606365]
yeah i ended up buying really good graphics aint as bad as i thought not bad for a 1gb download usuelly games are like 20 to 40 or more gb just for the graphics and i have given u a sub
Dushane [2606365]
same i just keep distracting myself doing everything else soon as i need to do something i end up doing something else and forgetting my objective haha
revstevew [2175299]
Thanks for the subscribe, yes it is so hard to remember that you actually have a quest to kill all the forsaken, there is just so much to explore and do. I can see Valheim being my biggest way to waste time other than Torn
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
Dunno about the getting anywere part, but surely helps if you hope to return to park it backwards.

As for the game, itself, i actually got it 2 days ago or so, only have about 7h of gameplay. Looks interesting enough to keep me entertained, although i'm not the greatest fan of grinding these days...
Dushane [2606365]
your welcome and same kills time probably too much lol and it be fun too see some pvp implemented i know you can turn pvp on while play with friends but be cool to have servers pvp or pve only just come out so maybe in the future i can only imagine what content going be like on full release with so much on 1 gb now
revstevew [2175299]
I've just started experimenting with portals, it is absolutely crazy how much easier it is to travel somewhere in the blink of an eye - or about 10 seconds - especially when you forgot to set a spawn point nearby and then get killed, portals are brilliant
pissypete [2160841]
I purchased it this afternoon, done about 5 hours, still trying to get to grips with building a house and the roofing angles. I am well impressed with the game so far.
Dushane [2606365]
yeah the building needs to be worked on but sure it will get better as times goes on cant wait what the future brings to the game
pissypete [2160841]
I put a few more hours in this morning, I had lots of flint, resin, food etc and was killed by a falling tree that I chopped down, got attacked on the way back to the grave and died again.. Love it!!!!!
Dable [2118383]
Great game, I've got about 120hrs on it already.

The building is confusing once you start trying to build anything more than 2 stories high.. for me it is anyways and things that should help support don't:/

f**k the plains and those damn deathsquitos!!!
LouieCanicatti [2338021]
It's sucked up quite a bit of my time with 66 hours since purchase (and within 2 weeks). My playthrough is on a dedicated server with up to 4 of us at once. EDIT: We don't always play together and have gotten to a point where it's quite easy for us to work on our own in some cases anyway.

Mostly a game for folks who like Terraria bosses and content with Minecraft everything else. The world is a huge, randomly generated seed (which is nice if you want to restart on the same map or something)

The base-building is alright, if anything a bit limiting with how little parts you could actually build, your imagination can only go so far with the prefab pieces you get and you have to keep in mind that wind, weather, the material, and structural support from the ground will affect your ability to build up. With creativity you could actually manage to build some very nice looking structures though, with the use of beams, or maybe angled wall pieces in correct areas (We've tried many different things with beams and X's)

Once you learn the ins and outs of the game you will come to find it's quite forgiving as if you need to destroy something, it returns your materials in full, and the game never makes you necessarily lose your items. (Never died at Sea, wouldn't recommend)

My favourite part of Valheim is that discovery in the game, leads to the constant need of improving your own infrastructure to continue progressing. In our server, we started with a few houses, carved ourselves paths and leveled land, eventually walling it in and adding fences, later needing forges and charcoal burner spaces, and beehives, and a farm for consistent foods, and many other little things that has lead to our outpost looking like something out of Skyrim.

My fyrd has most recently defeated Boss #3. Our most recent builds without spoiling too much are a Castle and tall wooden structures (it becomes possible)

Game is fantastic. Developers showed a roadmap of possible improvements and additions to the game, and with well over 5 million sales as of now, I guess they have Odin's blessing to guide them to the future.