BUT, hypothetically speaking, how much wealth would you need to have before you think - Ah f**k it
Sacrificial - When?
Started by 2480971 [2480971] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 92 / 92 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I did it 100m age 208 so I'll do 1b age 2080
Couldn't care less about nw, even if it makes me poor I'll look rich
Couldn't care less about nw, even if it makes me poor I'll look rich
Donating a billion to the church is only serving to support Bogie's foot fetish habit.
never.
:o
kink shaming, in 2021?
Honestly.. XD
kink shaming, in 2021?
Honestly.. XD
Plot twist: It was bogie who bought those nudes off Bling_Bling with church cash
I was about to say something like, haha yeah but then I saw your NW and I’m like wow, still doesn’t want it?
not even if someone donates 1b to me.
Have you not seen my recent offer to buy a faction?
I respect the hustle.
I respect the hustle.
Mentions: sold
Probably shortly after I hit 100b total battlestats for the Shredded honor... but I'm not planning to whore a single stat to get there... so it's going to be a while.
I'd also consider it if there was ever a permanent battle boost unlocked associated with the donation level of $1b. Like +1% crit chance or an additional chance each turn to keep your opponent from stealthing.
I'd also consider it if there was ever a permanent battle boost unlocked associated with the donation level of $1b. Like +1% crit chance or an additional chance each turn to keep your opponent from stealthing.
Lmao good God
They would have to add more things to spend merits on.
I think I did the 100m one when one of the dirty bombs went off because I thought it would be funny for the torn detectives to think it was me for a minute. So I needed merits immediately.
Too many merits are no longer available so it's not possible to compete there either.
I think I did the 100m one when one of the dirty bombs went off because I thought it would be funny for the torn detectives to think it was me for a minute. So I needed merits immediately.
Too many merits are no longer available so it's not possible to compete there either.
:o
Thought you’d have had this one Andy!
But yeah, I’d love to see a perk added for it but could you imagine the outrage of being priced out of a bonus? (No, I know stocks are like this - but the world is full of idiots!)
Thought you’d have had this one Andy!
But yeah, I’d love to see a perk added for it but could you imagine the outrage of being priced out of a bonus? (No, I know stocks are like this - but the world is full of idiots!)
I stopped at the 100 mil one, while hunting most merits, this one is simply not worth it (at this point of time anyways).
Employee effectiveness and Addiction mitigation not doing it for you? XD
That’s true I guess. I don’t know, I think I do want it at some point but it really does beg the question - is it worth the money for one honor and nothing else?
(At least DB’s have a use)
That’s true I guess. I don’t know, I think I do want it at some point but it really does beg the question - is it worth the money for one honor and nothing else?
(At least DB’s have a use)
You technically only drop 900m on it, because you’re already 100m in from the previous one.
When? When the inner merit hunter in you makes you.
(Yes I have it)
When? When the inner merit hunter in you makes you.
(Yes I have it)
Never..... The church is a slush fund
hmm to answer your question. 100bn nw I'd feel comfortable donating 1% of my networth to the great Church of Ched
IIRC I was the 48th person (according to TornStats) to get it. I figured that I might as well get it over with, $1B is $1B, it's not going to get cheaper (though since then I've heard a couple of people in my faction say they're waiting for inflation), and I'm not going to get more benefit out of waiting (unlike the significantly cheaper "use an SE" honor). My rehab expenses are going to skyrocket in the next few years, quite probably decreasing my disposable income (I'm not a trader and not really focused on making money). I didn't do the $1B all at once, I spent a few months (not entirely sure how many, 2-4?) throwing any money at it I could (while still taking 3 xanax + refill a day and keeping my BBs and max bank). My NW was something along the lines of $14B when I did it.
One big upside is that now I don't have to think about it. It's done. I guess it'd be a neat honor bar to wear during Easter.
EDIT: Jan 22, 2020.
One big upside is that now I don't have to think about it. It's done. I guess it'd be a neat honor bar to wear during Easter.
EDIT: Jan 22, 2020.
Give me a billion and I'll report back to you